Thinking of going vegetarian...

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 7:25 am
 My jaw dropped when I saw the pictures.  I'm so glad you added them!!!  This takes the idea of cheese crisps to a whole new level.  I'm in awe of this idea.  Tell Brok he/she's a genious.  

How does the sauce do on it?  Any tricks to the sauce on the non-absorb style crust?

teachmid
on 11/24/11 10:31 am - OKC, OK
I make Brok's pizza at least once a week. I recommend using well sprayed parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet or pizza pan.

I just spread a couple of spoonfuls of marinate sauce on the crust then put my toppings on. Recently that's been pepperoni, mushrooms and Italian sausage. Heat your toppings first since the pizza doesn't need very long under the broiler.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 10:59 am
 How is the saltiness?  I know cheese can be a bit salty, especially when cooked like that.  

I've actually always loved a veggie pizza.  I imagine that I would go a bit of a veggie route with the toppings.... that plus some nice ooey gooey cheese...   

How does it compare to dough style pizza?  Is this a dish that others in your family enjoy?

We've got a local pizza place, not a franchise.  I just had the thought... maybe they would sell me some of their sauce!  It's a gooood sauce.  

teachmid
on 11/24/11 10:34 pm - OKC, OK
It's not salty at all. I use 3-4 cups of mozerrla. This is a very thin crust pizza.

This is my DH's favorite meal and he has not had WLS but does low carbing. My grandkids love it too. I pile the crust high various meats the tons more cheese. It's wonderful!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Elia-B
on 11/25/11 12:25 am
 I'm DEFINITELY trying it.  Thanks!!!