Thinking of going vegetarian...

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 6:17 am
 I can't remember... maybe I was eating too many carbs in the evening at that same time.  Something stalled me out big time and I had thought it was the cheese and the olives.  For a long time i could cheat like crazy with the carbs and still lose weight steadily.  It was when that stopped for more than three weeks (longer than I thought was a simple stall) that I really started looking at what I was doing.  I cut out the sweets but it didn't help.  With trying to cut cals, I only pretty recently started relying more on carbs as a snack.  Previous to that I tried to make most my snacks cheese based.  

For this coming week's lunch, I think I'm going to do a ground turkey dish that worked out really well for me before.  The week after that, I might try out the cheese slices and olives again.  I'll take a close look at the carbs.  I'm initially making a goal of 100 carbs a day but will to then work to get that number closer to 50 by making adjustments as I recognize the things that can be tweeked to get me there.  

Maria C. put me onto getting onto myfitnesspal and I think it's going to really help me stay aware.  And, it's so much nicer to use than OH"s tracker!!!!  So.. looks like I'm getting back on track.  

Elizabeth N.
on 11/24/11 11:28 am - Burlington County, NJ
OH's bells and whistles SUCK and need to be changed. But that's a different subject.

You might have "stalled" (were you losing inches in those three weeks?) because you were starving yourself. Or it might have just been time for your body to take a break and catch up. You can't always find a "reason" for these things. However, you were cheating like crazy with carbs, and that is the undoing of us ALL.

Even if you could lose every ounce of your excess weight without any restriction on carb intake, trust me, it would come back to bite you in the butt eventually.

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 11:49 am
I think I did shrink some during that early 3 week stall (I haven't been tracking my measurements) ... but I really count it as more of a 2 1/2 month tremendous slowdown.  I went from losing part of a lb a day or half a lb two or three times a week to instead not seeing much movement at all and a lot of wt bouncing.  When I dropped the cheese and olives for lunch, I had something like an 8 lb wt loss in just a matter of a few days.  I'm sure some of that was water.  Anyway... my wt loss never seemed to normalize after that.  It crawls crawls crawls and then has a pretty good drop of three or four or five lbs.  Then it crawls again.  And, more recently, it's been bouncing quite a bit.... I'll have a big (5ish lbs) wt drop and then gain some back and slowly drop back down. 

I'm seeing some good results already with the increase in my cals and the decrease in my carbs.  I think I had a 1.2 lbs drop since yesterday.... but, it's a 1.2 drop within my bounce range.  As of this morning I was 193.  If I go below 192 I will count it as actual and true wt loss.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that within the next few days I can get there!

Elia-B
on 11/25/11 12:23 am
 Just an update.. I dropped from 193 to 191 this morning!!!  That does dip below the 192 benchmark that I got down to prior to my most recent bounce up!!!  YEAH!!!  IT'S WORKING!!!!   

Elizabeth N.
on 11/25/11 1:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
See? We DO know what we're talking about. Now dump the people who are trying to kill you and move on.

M ..
on 11/24/11 6:39 am
Here are some recipes that I use all the time and love! They are delicious and easy to make....and  you get your protein in!

Smoked Salmon Pinwheels

3/4 pound smoked salmon

1/4cup cream cheese

1 tablespoon milk

1 medium cucumber, sliced

2 medium tomatoes,sliced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place salmon on a cutting board. Soften cream cheese with milk and mix until smooth.
Spread on salmon. Rollup,slice crosswise into1/2 inchpinwheels, and place on plate.Season the cukes and tomatoeswith salt and pepper.

One Serving: 324 calories- 37 grams Protein- 11g Carbs-14g Fat

Basil-Onion Tuna Salad Wraps

12 large Romaine Lettuce leaves

1 can tuna (9 oz) (I personally like Tuna packed in Olive Oil)

1/2 cup of Mayo

1/2cup snipped Chives

1/2 cup diced red onions

Salt and pepper

12 (11 x 4 inch) rectangles foil

2 cups fresh basil leaves

2 (6 oz) packages of alfalfa sprouts

Crush the stems of the lettuce leaves so they lie flat. In a small mixing bowl, break the tuna up with a fork and stir in the mayo, chives, and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread the foil pieces on the countertop. Place a roaine leaf on each square.  Spoon some of the tuna salad on each leaf and top with the basil.  Spoon the remaining tuna salad on top and sprinkle with alfalfa sprouts.  Roll up each leaf like a cigar, and wrap tightly in the foil. Seal the ends and slice in half crosswise.  Use immediatelyor place inplastic bags and refrigrate until needed.

One Serving: 421 calories-37g Protein- 12g Carb- 25g Fat

Snapper Veracruz with Zucchini Parmesan

Snapper Veracruz

Olive Oil Spray

3/4 pound snapper fillet

Salt and pepper

1 cup of very good Salsa

Preheat theoven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet withfoil and spray with Olive Oil. Plce the fish on the baking sheet, spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Bake 10 minutes. Spoon the salsa over the fish and bake 5 more minutes before serving.

One serving: 244 calories- 39g Protein- 10g Carb- 4g fat

Zucchini Parmesan

1/2 pound zucchini, sliced (2 cups)

4 teaspoons OliveOil

Salt and Pepper

3 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

Place the zucchini in a microqave-safe bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes. Alternatively, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, and add the zucchini.  Boil for 3 minutes and drain. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parm cheese.

One serving: 123 calories- 4g Protein- 4g carb- 11g Fat

SHRIMP MELT!

Since you were drooling when I mentioned it, here is the easy recipe!!! Enjoy!!

ShrimpMelt

3/4 pound cooked small bay shrimp

3 tablespoons mayo

2 tablespoons chili sauce (I use either Louisana Crystal Hot Sauce or Tapatio)

1 cup grated Monterey Jack ( I have also used Mexican 4 cheese mix)

4 english muffins split (I use Thomas English muffin high fiber)

Preheat broiler. Combine shrimp, mayo, chili sauce and cheese.
Place muffins on a baking sheet, cut side down.  Broil  for 1 minute.
turn and spread with seafood mixture. Broil till bubbly. Watch carefully to prevent burning.

Smoked Chicken and Cheddar Grill
(THis is an easy on the go breakfast)

2 large cucumbers peels and sliced on the diagonal

2 tablespoons of Mayo ( I like the Olive oil Mayo)

6 oz of sliced roasted chix breasts (or as much as you want)

salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Shredded cheese...whatever kind you like...Italian blend, cheddar, gouda, swiss..

Preheat the broiler. place the cucumbers on a foil lined baking tray and spread the slices with mayo. ( use as much mayo  as you want)

Top with Chicken slices and season withsalt and pepper.  Cover chicken with cheese.

Place under broiler or toaster oven for 1 minute or until cheese melts.

YUM!

One serving: 351 calories  34g Protein  9g Carbs  20g Fat  2g Fiber

------------------------------------------------

Stuffed endive with Ham and Cottage Cheese
(Yummy and crunchy and hellva quick to make!)

10 oz slicedham

3 oz of Walnuts

1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

2 medium heads  Belgian endive, leaves separated

Chop the ham, walnuts and cottage cheese in a food processor. (a Magic Bullet would work)
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the mixture into wide base of each endive leaf.

432 calories   39g Protein   11g Carbs   27g  Fat  2g Fiber

Lilypie - (bM9u)

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 7:21 am
 M .., is that your real picture???  Dear God man, if it is you've done well!!!

The recipes you shared sound delicious.  I love cucumer and I noticed it used several time.  They add a freshness to everything that's just so hard to beat!  I also love cream cheese and I think I saw it, too.  

I am espeically curious about the salmon rolls.  What kind of preparation was the salmon?  Is this pre-cook smoked thin salmon slices?  I don't know how I would roll it otherwise.

M ..
on 11/25/11 1:18 pm
Elia! That's my dreamyboat celebrity crush in my pic! Eduardo Verastgui (the latin Brad Pitt!)
I'm a girl! :-) Here I am!

I eat tons of cucumber, I love the crunch!  As far as the salmon I buy he pre-cook smoked think salmon slices. They work perfectly. 
Let me know how they work for you!
Brok's pizza is delicious and I sometimes use pesto instead of tomato sauce! I love to use pesto for tons of stuff. Like in sandwiches..instead of Mayo I use pesto for different flavor profile!

Hugs!
Maya

Lilypie - (bM9u)

Elia-B
on 11/25/11 10:27 pm
 Hi Maya!

You're gorgeous!!!   I have to say that you and your dreamboat would make a cute couple.  

I have tried to like pesto (pre-surgery).  I looks to scrumptious!!!  But, I found something overwhelming about it.  But, pre-surgery I didn't like feta cheese even though I tried to... and I like it very much now!!!  I'll have to add pesto to the list of things to revisit now that my tastes have changed.  And even better.. I'm guessing it's low carb!

Yeah.. cucumbers are great.  They add a freshness that's hard to match anywhere else.  I add them to my coleslaw....  that plus garden fresh heirloom tomatoes.  .. okay, I'm drooling now.  lol  

M ..
on 11/24/11 6:46 am
Also here is the wonderful Brok's pizza!  I can't remember who took the pics but thanks to them!!

Brok-o-licious Pizza!!
Courtesy of my friend Brok!

Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
Heat oven to 450 degrees
In a bowl thoroughly combine
3 eggs
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
press evenly into Pam sprayed pizza pan or cookie sheet
(this makes one 16 inch pizza crust)
Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)

Here is what your crust looks like after baking

It will completely lift off your cookie sheet. I patted the grease off of it, but that step is optional

add toppings of your choice

This one has the following toppings~

1/4 cup low carb marinara
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 links Italian sausage (browned and crumbled)
1/4 cup sliced back olives

After adding toppings, run the pizza under the broiler until cheese is melted and toppings are bubbly

This slices up beautifully and the crust is crispy and thin

Yes, you can hold it in your hand!

Lilypie - (bM9u)