Thinking of going vegetarian...

Elia-B
on 11/24/11 5:56 am
 I've tried making turkey meatloaf using a lot of eggs...  I didn't work out well.  I want to say that I also experiemented a little with the pork rinds.  I'm definitely going to have to try the parm.  

Elia-B
on 11/23/11 11:23 am
 Neat idea.. I had not considered using Parmesan cheese as a binder.  I've tried making meat loaf.  Sad to say, I'm not a very good cook and it can sometimes be hit and miss as to I like what I've made.  And, since the DS, I've gotten a lot more picky about what I'll tolerate in terms of taste.  I can fool myself into thinking I'm going to eat it, make it so it's the only thing available for me to eat.. but when it comes right down to it, I'm not very successful at making myself eat something I've stopped liking the flavor of.  I keep trying to get the flavors right, though. 

"Just Elizabeth "
on 11/22/11 8:17 am - Houston, TX
Ziplok freezer bags. They are great for this and portable. Grab something out of the freezer and take it to work with you. By lunch time it will be thawed out.

Now here is the simplest and most yummy recipe for a crock pot.

Get a chuck roast (not a steak. must be a roast), empty a envelope of onion soup mix over it. Dump a can of cream of mushroom soup on top. Add a can of mushrooms WITH the juice. Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Incredibly tender and very yummy.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Elia-B
on 11/23/11 2:15 am
I don't know what's wrong with me... lol.  I'm even worse about using dishes I've frozen than I am about left over beef and pork!  I've tried to freeze many times... for some reason I just don't like it.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 4:46 am - Lancaster, OH
Girl, you DO have a way with animals!
Elia-B
on 11/22/11 4:52 am
Lol.. you should see me eat a steak. The rarer the better!!!  I love animal proteins (although I was a vegetarian once upon a time pre DS) ... it's been frustrating that it has started to feel more like a chore to me trying to get them in. 

butercup
on 11/22/11 3:02 am - Kennewick, WA
You could be eating 3000 calories a day and be alright. That would be the typical recommended 1500 calorie diet most people are recommended. Fat, meat, cheese, cream, bacon, fat, fish, butter, and other delicious things we should be eating is why I chose the DS. Chili with full fat sour cream and melted cheese? Yes, I think I'll have that for lunch.
Elia-B
on 11/22/11 3:13 am
lol... yep, that's a big reason why I chose it to.

Wow.. I had thought I was a little off track, especially with the carbs, but people are making me do some major rethinking!!!  I might be a LOT off track and the carbs not even be the main culprit!!!  Time to bring out the bacon!  lol...  I think I'll give the imitation crab meat a rest (I knew it had carbs, etc., but was thinking it wasn't too bad and added a little extra protein and wasn't heavy on my stomach).  I'll also boil some eggs to dice up.  I think I'm still going to try doing salads in the evenings but I don't think there will be anything lo-cal about them! 

Blank Out
on 11/22/11 3:15 am
 Also, I have found ground turkey to be very easy on my gut!  Make it however you like.  I brown it with olive oil and onions, then add marinara, top it with parm!  Super yum!  I also make chili with ground turkey.  For some reason, it's easier than any other meat.  So is any kind of fish.  I eat lots of tuna salad too!  Also, I bake any kind of firm white fish and dip it in drawn butter.  Very easy on my gut too!  It was only after one year that  I noticed steak, and pork, or a piece of chicken breast became much easier for me.  But, I still have to have some kind of sauce, or gravy.  Dry meat does not work for me...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Elia-B
on 11/22/11 3:20 am
I do like ground turkey.  I had planned to make it for lunch this week with cooked cauliflower and some other veggies  Cauliflower seems to cook up to a point that isn't fibrous and sits beautifully on my stomach.  It's a recent discovery for me.  But, you're right.. ground turkey does still easily on me.  I had been trying to make myself go with protein drinks as much as I could through the day in an attempt to trim cals...  a thought I'm doing a major 180 on!  The white fish dipped in drawn butter sounds WONDERFUL!  I'm going to have to start cooking with fish more... frozen or fresh.  I end up doctoring up canned fish way too much!  ANd then it often ends up fed to the dogs instead of me finishing it.....  Fresh and frozen it is!