Thinking of going vegetarian...

Elia-B
on 11/23/11 2:07 am
I usually do really good with chicken left overs if it's chicken I've cooked myself.  I occassionally get a rotisserie chicken and that almost never goes well!!!  

With pork roasts and beef roasts, the left overs just don't seem to work very well for me.  Maybe becaus they are a heavier meat???  More fibrous?  I try turning them into this or that but the dogs usually end up getting a really yummy snack by the time everything is said and done.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 6:06 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I shred up thighs, put an ounce of blue/gorgonzola cheese, some full fat greek yogurt and some Frank's in there (and maybe some celery, maybe not) and make a buffalo chicken salad that is great hot or cold!

And again, do spend the 4 bucks on papaya enzymes, you might see you do not have to push to tolerate foods.  Hope so anyway! 

Be sweet, eat meat!
Elia-B
on 11/23/11 2:09 am
I'll definitely give the papaya a try.  I just got done ordering stuff off of amazon last night.  I should have tacked that on!!!

Your buffalo chicken salad sounds great.  I have not experiemented with greek yogurt enough.  When you say Frank's, is that a sauce?  Or is that hot dogs?  lol

Elizabeth N.
on 11/22/11 6:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
Buy one piece of boneless pork loin and follow my hunk-o-critter "recipe" in a small crockpot. It will be delightful food, I promise.

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 7:15 am
Elizabeth N.
on 11/22/11 7:36 am - Burlington County, NJ
Of course, haven't you seen it yet? Get your hunk o critter. For the OP's situation, that would be one nice slice of boneless pork loin, one chicken breast, or one slice of, oh I dunno, round steak or something.

Put hunk o critter in the crockpot. For the OP: Get yourself a one- or two-quart crockpot if you don't have one already.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID OF ANY KIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, except maybe for a few drops of liquid smoke if you're so inclined. No broth, no tomatoes, no juicy veggies, NOTHING. Understood?

Slice sweet onions, loads of them, enough to totally stuff the crockpot. For the OP that will probably be one nice sweet onion. Squish 'em in there.

Add seasonings of choice. This can be as simple or complicated as you wish. I vote for a minimum of salt, pepper and garlic.

Now the really important part: GLOB O BUTTER. The OP might add a quarter to half a stick. Bigger quantities call for bigger butter. Remember that butter is divine and is your friend. We don't do low fat and butter is nectar of the gods. Plop that blob o butter on top of everything.

Close crockpot, switch on low and go away for a very long time.

When you come back, you will be astonished at the DS heaven that awaits. The butter caramelizes the onion. The onion and the meat make PLENTY of juice, which mixes with the butter. OH DELIGHT.

Shred your critter, toss it all together nicely with your onion and munch to a state of ******

teachmid
on 11/22/11 8:35 am - OKC, OK
OMG!!! That sounds so good!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

clpeltz
on 11/22/11 10:59 am
OMG, going to Target tomorrow to get a little slow cooker.....I am drooling

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 9:25 pm
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/11 1:57 pm, edited 11/25/11 1:57 pm
Ohhhh, I think this might be my go-to food post op!  Question tho...do you all use real butter or margarine?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Country Crock.  This ok?