headache...???

honeybadger 11
on 11/21/11 1:31 pm - FL
Ive been dealing with a headache for 3 days thats gotten worse but not unbearable. Tylenol only dims it but doesnt take it away.

Im getting 64+oz of water a day. Im eating 3 small liquid/mushy meals and a snack if i have time left and im drink 2 protein shakes a day.

I take 2 chewable vits a day and 4 chewable calcium.

Ive been super emotional...crying at the drop of a hat, which isnt me at all! im sensitive to hormone changes. I cant take my nuvaring out with out getting a migraine so i use it continually.

Is this just the hormones or is there something else i should look in to? 

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 3:57 pm
Hormones would be my first guess, but the headache could be anything from infection to dehydration to caffeine withdrawal.  Sometimes even 64oz isn't enough fluid.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 8:00 pm - Beverly, NJ
64oz is not enough for me I drink between 1 1/2 gallons to 2 gallons of water. I also dont put anything but fresh herbs and sometimes some fruit in it. I find mixes like Crystal Light (although I love them) contradict the whole hydrating thing. If you are used to things with caffeine that can also be the culprit.
I would up your fluid intake and give a buzz to your doctor if your still worried about them. Although most headaches are harmless they can also be a sign to something bigger. Only your doctor knows your history well enough to know if its normal or something to worry about.
honeybadger 11
on 11/22/11 12:35 am - FL
Thanks ladies. I'm struggling to get 64oz in with my 2wk tummy and i know as time goes i will be able to get more in but i sip ALL day and i always end up with 64-70oz in. I will continue to try to get more in:)

Now that i think about it, it may have been sleep. When i first got home from surgery  i was sleeping 8-10hrs a night plus a 2hr nap during the day. I ended up not sleeping well 2 days in a row and no naps. I slept 10hrs straight last night and i feel better today. Gonna add those naps back in:)

Luckily i was never a caffeine fiend so i didnt have to deal with the withdraws:)

Thanks again for your advice!

~Jennifer

momx4
on 11/22/11 2:17 am - TX
 I'm jealous that u are getting that much sleep, I'm still in my recliner and it's like cat napping!  A few hours here, a few hours there....I hope when I get more straight sleep I will feel better cuz right now I'm feeling "blah"!
Kristi                
honeybadger 11
on 11/22/11 1:40 pm - FL
My awesome surgeon gave me a RX for ambien. Otherwise, i don't think i would be sleeping that well but Ive been in bed no recliner. I kills my back. The first 2 weeks i made a hill with my pillows with one under each arm and one under my knee's and slept on my back now  I'm able to sleep on my side which makes the difference because I'm a total side sleeper!

The reason I'm missed sleep is because 1 day i forgot my ambien then the next i got hooked reading an awesome book and forgot i had an appt in the AM so i couldn't sleep as late as i wanted too:(

~Jennifer

momx4
on 11/22/11 2:05 pm - TX
 Hmmm. Maybe I should ask for ambien.   I am so ready to sleep in the bed, but I  am a belly/fetal position sleeper so I'm not there yet, can't even lay on my side uugh ain't it funny how we all heal differently.   
Kristi