6 days.....let the countdown begin!

Lisa A.
on 11/21/11 9:47 pm - Windsor, NY
It's normal to be nervous. What you have to remember is that everyone's recovery is different. Just because I had an awful recovery doesn't mean you will. We are different people. You have been reading so you are well informed on what can and can't happen and ultimately you have to make the decision to have the surgery or not.

Yes, you can get very sick after surgery. You can have bad diarrhea and throw up and deal with constant nausea. You can acquire acid reflux even when you never had it before.

Or, you  can have a very easy recovery like some people have. With everyone being so different you can never predict how one's recovery will be. You just need to be prepared (as prepared as you can be to deal with either).

I'm not telling you this to scare you but I do think that people need to be fully informed and you are. You brought up the issue so you are well aware of them.

With having said that - I am 20 months out and doing well. I just really, really listen to my body and do what it says. There are some days I'm starved and can eat alot and other times I sit down to eat a meal and can only eat a little. Throwing up is once in a blue moon and if I have some nausea it's just usually very early morning and once I get up and moving and drinking I feel better.

Wishing you the best recovery possible!!!