crystal light vs. truvia? which is better?

momx4
on 11/22/11 6:07 am - TX
So I am not really a fan of crystal light no matter what flavor....just has an aftertaste so to speak.  I LOVE my sweet tea however that I used to make with about 2 cups of sugar.  After my lapband my surgeon suggested I switch to Truvia.....so I did...in my coffee but I never tried it with my beloved sweet tea......that always had to have real pure cane sugar.......so my question now is.....are truvia and whatever the crystal light is sweetened with the same?  Cuz maybe I would like my sweet tea (with truvia) better than the after taste I am getting from all the crystal light?

thanks,
Kristi  15 days post op and trying to get my 64oz in!!
momx4
on 11/22/11 6:13 am - TX
testing my ticker
Kristi                
MajorMom
on 11/22/11 6:15 am - VA
Crystal Lite is usually sweetened with something like Equal and Truvia is processed stevia plant. I like Truvia pretty well but can taste a little aftertaste. Have you tried Splenda or perhaps a sugar free syrup like Monin, Torani or DaVinci?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

momx4
on 11/22/11 6:16 am - TX
MajorMom
on 11/22/11 6:17 am - VA
Just saw your last sentence...What I like is water with fresh squeezed lime juice sweetened to taste with Splenda.

Easy on the stomach. Might help you to get your fluids in.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

momx4
on 11/22/11 6:20 am - TX
a_new_mii
on 11/22/11 6:27 am - AZ
 Kristi,
I'm not crazy about the Crystal light flavored with Aspartame.  There is a new one coming out i think (or maybe already out)  made with Truvia. I don't know anything about that one.  
What I do know is I love my Sugar free Sweet Tea (Walmart) It's made with sucralose (Splenda) I often make my own at home with Splenda and love it!  
Good luck in finding something you love to drink drink drink.  It's hard at first, especially this time of year when it's cool.  

Ginger
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Its a Secret
on 11/22/11 6:35 am, edited 2/10/12 12:18 am
Comment removed because OH violated users privacy by posting pics and posts to FB without the users prior knowledge.

momx4
on 11/22/11 2:34 pm - TX
 Thanks ladies, I'll b heading to Walmart tomorrow!!
Kristi                
Blank Out
on 11/23/11 12:13 am
 I have learned that aspartame (what is in Crystal Light) and Truvia, which has sugar alcohols in it, are not my friends.  They both cause me gut trouble and horrible smelling gas!  So, both are out for me.  The only sweetner that does not bother me is Sweet and Low,  old fashioned saccharine...  You will have to see what works and does not work for you.

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135