Anybody ADD and on meds??

hoosierdaddy
on 11/22/11 4:33 am - IN
Hello DS'ers!  I was recently diagnosed with adult ADD and put on Vyvanse.  At first it seemed to work great.  Now lately, it just seems to work in the mornings and then wears off.  I do believe it's a time-released medication.  Anybody else ADD?  Any thoughts??
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord is thinking about me right now.  You are my helper and my Savior.  Do not delay, O my god. (Psalm 40:17, NLT)
www.facebook.com/stephen.spaur
www.twitter.com/stephenspaur
Sarah_Anne
on 11/22/11 4:58 am
If it is time released you are not getting most of the medication as it is calibrated for a regular length gut.  I take the regular non-time realeased Ritalin and I do fine on it.

HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
dgb123
on 11/22/11 5:09 am - Fairfax, VA
I take regular Adderall and my doc has me take it at 8am and noon.  That helps get me through the workday.

Donna

trxxyy
on 11/22/11 7:43 am - Orange County, CA
I take Concerta 36mg daily in the morning.  I resumed my meds about a month post-op and seemed very sensitive to the dosage for a few months, I even back down on the dosage for a little while.  Now the 36mg dosage seems fine and although not a cure for my ADHD it does help.

-shelly
Julie R.
on 11/23/11 7:53 pm - Ludington, MI
Vyvanse is timed release.  My daughter takes it and does really well with it, but she is a normie.   I know that I do not do well with ANY timed release meds.   I think you might want to ask your PCP about taking just the regular Adderal.   Good luck!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

mquirkygirl
on 11/27/11 2:43 pm - New York City, NY
I am on 10mg Adderall in the AM.  I repeat a second 10mg before 3pm if I feel I really need it.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

hoosierdaddy
on 11/28/11 3:56 am - IN
My son takes Straterra.  He just started.  It takes a couple of weeks to get into your system (I guess).  I may ask about that.  I would love to see something like Vyvanse that wasn't time released.  I really like the way it worked on me.  Hope and pray I find something!  :)  Thank you all for your input!
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord is thinking about me right now.  You are my helper and my Savior.  Do not delay, O my god. (Psalm 40:17, NLT)
www.facebook.com/stephen.spaur
www.twitter.com/stephenspaur