4 days out....

Melontiwst
on 11/21/11 5:43 am
Okay, had my sleeve revision done on Friday, still in the hospital. Doc said I should hopefully be headed home by Wednesday...slept most of the time the past few days. I also slept ALOT the first two days. This time I had it done lap. This is a double edged sword to me now. If I have open, it doens't hurt as bad when you wake up but healing time takes weeks. If I have it done lap, healing time is cut by 2/3, but they pump you up full of gas so they can see what they are doing in the operating room. Doc decided to do lap on me. When I woke up I felt pain so bad I was comparing it to child labor pains! It was insane!!!!  There were a couple meds that could help alleviate some of the gas, but nothing deadened it hardly at all....still makes me wanna cry thinking about how bad it hurt the first 24 hours...ugh ugh ugh ugh!!!!!

BUT after a few weeks I an confident that I will be going down on the scale again!!! Thank you for all your support and comments my fellow DSer's...love ya all:)
provolisa
on 11/21/11 6:58 am - Provo, UT
Congratulations on getting the second half of your DS!

I am sorry that the gas pains hurt so badly. I'm glad it only lasted for the first day.

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

MajorMom
on 11/21/11 7:10 am - VA
I hope everything goes smoothly from here on with no more pain.  :(

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

sandyv63
on 11/21/11 8:20 am - Naples, FL
Get up and walk! I had the gas issue too and walking really helped.  Fortunately the pain is gone within a couple of days.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
DianaRR
on 11/21/11 8:22 am - CA
Congratulations on being full DS. I hope the pain is gone soon. Best wishes for a great recovery.

teachmid
on 11/21/11 9:13 am - OKC, OK
Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

determineddanni
on 11/21/11 11:51 am
I hope your feeling better soon, so you can get up and do more :(
hopingintx
on 11/22/11 2:37 am

I hope you are pain free soon!  Congratulations on becoming a full DSer and welcome to the losers bench. 

When the gas pains get bad get up and walk.  It always helped me.  Still does if I overindulge on carbs.
Nancy            
adkmtngirl
on 11/22/11 4:25 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I must say, that standing up and walking around really helped my gas pains post op. Still does at times, makes the gas work it's way out. 
Kristina

J J the Jet Plane
on 11/22/11 5:45 am
I may be wrong here but I think you had a sleeve revision to your already done DS. 

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Glad you are starting to heal, I walked and raised my right arm a lot to release that lap gas.  I feel for you because it is the worst.  Hang in there and heal.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.
Glad to hear all went well!
JJ
Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?