I'm back in town. Looks like a lot of postings...miss me ? hehe

gak
on 11/21/11 3:40 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Hi all,
We went west to a nephews wedding and then spent two days at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and then out the east exit and back thru the painted dessert. WHAT BEAUTY ! It was absolutely GORGEOUS ! 

I can't tell you how thankful for my DS I am ! We walked and walked liked what seemed forever ! My feet did hurt, but I could of never done all of that walking pre-DS ! Plus the high altitude was a bit surprising at times. A few times when we were over 8000 ft I could really tell the thin air. That was the first my asthma has acted up since my wls.  

The only other thing, I had a hard time with was getting in enough protein even though I took high protein snacks. I think it was because of all the additional exercise.  When we got back down to Phoenix I did stop in a Vitamin Shoppe and picked up some RTD protein and a couple of protein bars. But it has taken the last couple days at home to "feel more normal" again if that makes sense. I have been downing protein drinks like crazy. I had taken some with me, but just not enough.

Hope everyone is well, not sure I have time to read everything from while we were gone. With Thanksgiving only a few days away I have a ton to do yet .

Don't forget about the cruise if your interested ( great for the gift list for the holidays...link is below.) Many are joining us in New Orleans for the pre-cruise party who can't get away to cruise.

Have a great day ! Lunch is about over, I  have to get back to work.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

MajorMom
on 11/21/11 7:27 am - VA
Welcome back, Ginger. Loved seeing the pics on FB.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

determineddanni
on 11/21/11 11:52 am
Welcome back!
beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:14 pm - AL
I'm glad your trip went so well.  Please PM me a date when you and Allen can get away for lunch.  I need to see you, to hug you (both) and to have you meet Hank.

I miss you.

~Becky