3 weeks post op... and the newbie questions begin

Kingy
on 11/21/11 1:41 am - Hobart, Australia
Howdy all,

Well, 3 weeks post op and a 2 day international transit and I'm finally home.  Have started the vitamin regime as recommended by a DS friend, but finding myself very nauseous after taking the morning batch:

Vitamin A dry tender 25000Units = 2 tablets once a day
Vitamin B12 Tender 1000ug sublingual= once a day
Vitamin E 400ug= three times a day
Vitamin D3 5000ug= one with your calcium doses four times a day
Vitamin K2 1000ug=2 once a day
Vitamin C = Berocca once a day with iron tabets
Copper 5mg= 2 tablets once a day
Zinc 50mg = 2 tablets twice a day
Tender Iron 60mg with vit c = 4 tablets twice a day (take Vit C dose x1 with it)
Calcium citrate 300mg= two four times a day
Magnesium 250mg =  once a day x1
Vitalady tender vit min multi's= x2 each morning

I suspect something is not reacting too well with me or with something else I'm taking.  I have read that iron can make you feel a bit blurk.  Any suggestions or reliable resources that people know of that I can look up?  I also find that with all the vitamins I'm taking during the day, I'm pretty much full and can barely manage to get my protein drink into me.  Can I assume this is normal for someone so soon out of surgery?

Thanks
Kingy, the sleepy post op newbie

Valerie G.
on 11/21/11 1:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Try spreading them out a little further in smaller doses and it may help.  Keep drinking, as dehydration causes nausea.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

dorcasreinaut
on 11/21/11 5:23 am
Hi Valerie G:
I'm on day 7. I seem to learn something new everyday. I wasn't prepared for the nausea or the pain. But, each day seems a bit better.
Dorcas R.
kirmy
on 11/21/11 1:52 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Kingy!

Stop taking your damn vitamins until your gut is healed then all will be shiny.

You are such an over achiever, I may want to be you when I grow up.

p.s. iron makes me **** like a Gatling gun....I hate to think what its doing to a 3 week old tummy.

Now here is a picture of Fear and Loathing in Tatooine.  I miss you.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Kingy
on 11/21/11 6:17 am - Hobart, Australia
Love the pic.  Wish you were here, including the puppies

Julie B.
on 11/21/11 3:39 am - OH
I am three weeks post op and cannot even THINK about taking vites yet.....when I do my mouth starts to water and surely if I did, barfing would ensue.....I'm just trying to heal and work on my protein drinks, up to two a day (46g), keep hydrated, and eat.....

The nausea kicks my butt....for sure! I just keep telling myself this too will pass.

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

prettypixels
on 11/21/11 5:17 am
I am 4 weeks out today and have yet to start my full regimen yet. I'm trying to wait until my tummy is a bit happier. My recent developments are: starting to take my prevacid in the capsule instead of dumping it out and taking it in pudding, and adding a small "easy to swallow" multi in place of my chewable kids multi's which I hated. I'm also taking a citrical petites in the evening. That's it for now (aside from actual prescription meds), and even getting that in is challenging! So slow down, take it easy and let your tummy heal!
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 5:28 am
Kingy
on 11/21/11 6:21 am - Hobart, Australia
Thanks guys.  I'm stepping back from the vitamins for a little bit and concentrating on my protein.  My stomach sends you all it's heartfelt gratitude!  This sitting around healing thing is hard to get a grip on, surely I should be painting the house, or building a new chicken coop with this time off work... I may need to be sedated for the next month lol.

ModestoK
on 11/22/11 4:45 am
No, you shouldn't be painting or lifting.  You could hurt yourself.
Instead, I recommend you start training for a half marathon.  No lifting or reaching overhead.

Dear goddess - is there something in the water over there that makes the females insane overachievers?  And can I have some?

~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi