New to the boards but long time lurker

Sethman
on 11/20/11 2:03 pm
Just wanted to say hi. My name is Seth and I recently had a DS on 10/19 with a few small complications but thankfully am on my way for recovery..slow but feeling better every day. Hope to get to know some of you and make more friends.
Paula R.
on 11/20/11 3:15 pm - Portland, OR
Congratulations on your new DS and welcome, Seth
My signature is in the witness protection program

provolisa
on 11/20/11 7:08 pm - Provo, UT
Hi Seth.

Pleased to meet you.
I'm glad you're on your way to recovery. What sort of complications did you have?

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/11 8:40 pm
Sethman
on 11/21/11 1:21 am
Well I had my surgery on the 19th and the next day we found out that there was a block or pinched part of my intestines and so that had to be fixed so on the 21st. I went back into surgery to get that fixed and I wake up late in the day on the 23rd..it seems my breathing wasn't where they wanted it to be so they left the breathing tube in and kept me sedated for most of the weekend. All I remember is waking up and being out of it with a breathing tube still in and intense back pain.. wondering wth ? After they took that out they explained all that had happened and how my back had got screwed up (basically muscles hurt badly and some of the soft tissue in my back/side area is numb)..and sorry i don't know the technical term, and why i had a GI tube in (oh fun..NOT) So  my 3-4 day hospital stay turned into a 9 day stay but I am thankful for all the good nurses at the hospital and really thankful for my ICU nurse. Now its time for recovery..it just has been slow when you cant get sleep very well because your back is killing you. Even with all that I think I would still do it again..already down 27lbs at 3 week mark.
NoMore B.
on 11/21/11 8:41 am
 Welcome!

Sorry about your complication.  How are you doing with your recovery?  Hang in there, it does get better.
Sethman
on 11/21/11 2:18 pm
Recovery is going slow and its nice to feel better every couple of days..part of my biggest problem is not being able to get a good nights sleep with my back waking me up all the time. Hopefully soon that will be a thing of the past and i will be feeling great.
provolisa
on 11/21/11 3:11 pm - Provo, UT
It sounds like you have had to be a real trooper!
I hope your pain goes quickly too.
Meanwhile, congratulations on your early losses!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel