What's for dinner/what's cooking for coming week - Sunday

BBoop
on 11/20/11 7:47 am
I've done that too...you are right I can take them on the fly like you said.  I did these two batches in a skillet cause I knew I was going to eat them at home.

My meatloaf frittata I made today with tomatoes and asparagus was wonderful...damn I'm good.  I finally found a way to fix left overs and I don't have to give it to the dogs.  They don't need it anyway.

BTW, I rescued a Yorkie from the local PAWS.  After a rough start, kennel cough (to the ER at 1 am) and then he (Gizzy) got into the neighbors yard where a mastiff broke his jaw and leg (back to the ER) and many visits to the vet. BTW I had a new fence and how he got into the neighbors yard is a mystery to me...I now have stones over any area the even remotely looks like he or even a  flea could get under.  He's fine now and a real pistol.  I'd always wanted a Yorkie but just couldn't bring myself not to rescue.  I just wandered into PAWS one day and there he was and now here he is and absolute delight.  I have two other rescues and they seem to like him although Gizzy is still a bit hesitant to mingle too much, but I've seen him play with them a little.  They are larger about 25 lbs and he's only seven or eight lbs...so I understand.  He can hold his own cause he can run like the wind and my six year old granddaughter thinks he's the best thing she's ever seen.  They have become best pals since I pick her up and watch her after school everyday.  I love my Yorkie!
NoreenRT
on 11/20/11 8:05 am - Warner Robins, GA
it's just hubs and me for thanksgiving. we have a tradition.  we stay in our jammies all day long.  watch the macy's parade.  start ****tails around 11:30.  main dinner around 1:00.  it is  a wonderful laid back easy kind of day. 
here's what will be on our thanksgiving menu:

roast turkey breast
bread stuffing
cornbread/sausage stuffing
cranberry sauce
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes
gravy (from a jar, sorry)
broccoli/cheese casserole
corn pudding
rolls
pumpkin pie
chocolate pecan pie

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

NoMore B.
on 11/20/11 8:23 am
 Hi Yorkie

Tonight is simple, I'm havinlg a burger (no bun) topped with swiss cheese.  I've grazed all day so that's a perfect simple ending.  

For the holiday, I'm planning to make:
Turkey
New England Stuffing, with bulk sausage, chopped apple, sauteed leeks, and dried cranberries
Mashed Potatoes
Whipped Sweet Potatoes with honey, butter, and topped with nuts
Fresh Green Bean casserole (was just googling recipes)
Homemade cranberry sauce that I make with orange and apple
Creamed pearl onions

My son is dating a woman whose mom is a pastry chef.  She will frequently make things for us, and just asked what we want.  Last year she sent over 6 cakes and pies.  Cant wait to see what we get this year!  Thank God my husband and son have huge appetites and will eat most of it after I sample.
scoob
on 11/20/11 11:40 am - Somerset, KY
Well, today was very unusual. We usually have a good Sunday dinner. Today we went out. Chinese. I had a steak with shrimp and mushrooms grilled in soy. Egg drop soup. Real cheese cake. Delish

As for the coming week, we always go to the inlaws for Thanksgiving. His step mom doesn't even let me help cook. I am taking crock pot candy and Pistachio Ricotta Fluff with chopped pecans and extra heavy whipped topping.

I will also be taking nuts, peanut butter, cheese, yogurt and a dozen boiled eggs, JUST IN CASE!! Huge cooler packed full! Good thing the have 3 refrigerators, yep not even kidding.

Wish me luck. Happy Thanksgiving week y'all!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Gracie P.
on 11/20/11 12:51 pm - Mansfield, OH
HI Angel!  I love this thread that you have started!  I really miss being on here... just can't seem to find the time.  But, since I am taking this week off to recoup, thought I'd chime in.

Today we went to Johnny Biggs (a hamburger place) and I had the special, meatloaf over mashed potatoes and Texas Toast.  Didn't eat the toast, ate half of the meatloaf and potatoes for lunch and had the left-overs for a late dinner, after my long nap. 

For Thanksgiving, the hubs and I will head to an Amish restaurant for a huge Thanksgiving meal (it used to be Amish and not opened on Sunday's and holidays and then it split into 2 different companies and thank goodness the one close to home is now open for everyday except Christmas!)  We go there on Easter usually too. 

Then my family gets together on Sunday, so on Saturday, I will be making a 24 lb. turkey, my wonderful stuffing with sausage and craisins (OMGosh! Yum!), homemade gravy that my family absolutely loves (I make it from the stock I REDUCE down to almost a caramel color and de-fat), deviled eggs and what ever else I am hungry for. 

I drive the DH nuts, because I usually make so much.  I tell him I just make what I am hungry for.  :) 

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

kirmy
on 11/20/11 7:33 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Balti balti balti balti balti bbbaaaallllltiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm having a Balti.....nom nom nom.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
zuzupetals2u2
on 11/21/11 11:03 am - Sedona, AZ
you would probably love the FB group "What's for Dinner" as people post there everyday and share recipes and pictures too!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh