Low Carb for 2.5 weeks=NO WEIGHT LOSS

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/11 7:21 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/11 10:23 am, edited 11/20/11 10:24 am - Woodbridge, VA
Protein bars are full of junk and have definitely stalled me before. I also ditch things like "LC bread" and "LC jelly." They still have carbs and grains, both of which are counterproductive, ESPECIALLY when you have them first thing in the morning (the body is most sensitive to carbs first thing in the morning as opposed to later in the day).

You also may not be consuming enough overall. Your menu looks kind of sparse. I can lose weight while going strictly low-carb (read: no grains of any kind, no fruit, no starchy veggies) and consuming up to 2200 calories, and I have pretty much no malabsorption due to my ridiculously long common channel.

Oh, and where's the fat? When you're not eating carbs, your body needs fat for energy. Even low-carb diets for folks with no WLS include more fat.
Emily F.
on 11/20/11 10:36 am
For my last 20lb I really had to up the exercise. I went to 3 double scoops protein a day and kept carbs at 50. If I were you, I'd try to cut the soda.
Elizabeth N.
on 11/20/11 1:12 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Eat more protein and fat and cut the carbs even more. Track your carbs (use a website like fitday.com for this) and find out how much you're really eating.

How's the activity level? Kick that up some, too, both aerobic and for muscle building. The more muscle you build, the better your resting metabolic rate, so you burn more calories.

This is going to take some time. It's not like when you were a fresh postop and the weight just dropped. Now you are more like a normal person who's gone on a diet to lose a few excess pounds. There is more work involved, and it's not going to be a quick thing.

Kayla B.
on 11/20/11 8:16 pm - Austin, TX
I agree with what was mentioned about the exercise. 

I cannot seem to lose weight by diet alone after my initial weight loss.  Maybe a couple pounds here and there, but anything worth mentioning has required physical activity.

Are there some activities that you think you could find enjoyable and time you could devote to them?  I also agree with what EN said about the muscle-building work outs. 
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Chad M.
on 11/20/11 10:53 pm - Indianapolis, IN
At this point, as others have said, I don't lose unless I exercise. I know that's not always what people want to hear, but that's what it is for me.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 11:33 am
I think the single greatest single benefit of exercise (beyond improved cardiovascular health) is liver detox.  Regular exercise reduces fatty stores in the liver.  The faster that is accomplished the faster you'll start burning fat elsewhere.  Low-carbing without exercise will work, but it will take longer for the liver to clean out its stores which means you won't see results immediately on the scale.  

I've stopped telling people they will lose weight if they exercise.  If they don't lose weight, they give up altogether.  There are so many less obvious long-term benefits of exercise such as muscle toning, increased stamina/endurance, improved cardiopulmonary function, improved liver function, decreased insulin resistance and decreased impaired glucose tolerance.  Those are the things they should be thinking about when they step on the scale and feel discouraged/hopeless.    

Don't get discouraged!  Keep up the high-protein, low-carb diet and exercise to deplete your liver's fatty stores.  Everything else will follow in good time.  Good luck!  

ArielSanders
on 11/30/11 3:08 pm - houston, TX
In one months time I seem to have gain 10lbs of nothing but fat..and you know what, its not moving. So you my friend are not alone...Feeling very discouraged and alone again...

I can see and feel the rolls forming on my body lol...its really sad.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 1:21 am
Yep...increased my fluids, ate some sugary carbs for one day and after the fall out, it jump started my wl all over again. Btw, animal crackers are e.v.i.l.