Low Carb for 2.5 weeks=NO WEIGHT LOSS

Eli1979
on 11/20/11 6:16 am, edited 11/20/11 6:36 am
It will be three weeks this Wednesday since I started back on low carb and I have not lost one single pound.   Has anoyone else gone through this?
goodkel
on 11/20/11 6:46 am
Nope. Sorry.

How much protein are you getting in? I've seen the combo of lower carbs and more protein work for people.

Best of luck to you!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

ghkan
on 11/20/11 6:55 am - Comstock Park, MI
 I haven't had any weight loss in a year....no weight gain either so I guess that's a good thing.  However, I would like to still lose around 20lbs.  Upped protein, fat, lowered carbs......nothing!!

Eli1979
on 11/20/11 7:00 am
I am glad to know that I am not in this boat alone.  I gained 20lbs, I never reached goal.  I am 2.5 yrs post-op.  And I still would like to lose 50+lbs.  Let me know if you start losing weight and what did it for you.  Good luck.
NoMore B.
on 11/20/11 7:01 am
 Eli
What's been a typical day of eating for you over the past few weeks?  Give us an idea of what you're eating and let's see if we can make any suggestions.
Eli1979
on 11/20/11 7:05 am
Breakfast:
Eggs
LC toast with LC jelly
Bacon

Lunch
Salad with protein
Ranch dressing
cheese
or 
protein 
green veggies (not peas)

Dinner:
Pure protein only

Snacks:
LC Protein bars
airbender
on 11/20/11 7:16 am
Eli,

I would get rid of the protein bars, they are notorious for stalling weight loss for many,replace them with a good protein source,  I would also get rid of the toast. for dinner, add 1/2 cup of LC vegetable, cooked about 5 gm carbs.   You will feel different when you are losing weight, we know the difference when we are losing or stalling......good luck on your journey.
NoMore B.
on 11/20/11 7:20 am
Not bad at all

Check the carb level on your ranch dressing - some of them have sugar.

Are you drinking soda, juice, or anything of the sort?

Have you started exercising at all, maybe gaining muscle?

Are you drinking enough fluids?

Eli1979
on 11/20/11 7:32 am
 I drink Diet Pepsi or Diet Mt Dew.  I usually get 64-96 oz of water.

I have not been excercising.
Elizabeth N.
on 11/20/11 1:15 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Time to start the exercise. I echo the advice to knock off the protein bars. Try eating protein food at those times instead, or use a protein beverage.