At Super Seven...

2011Mommy
on 11/19/11 11:00 am
Congrats! What an inspiration :)
Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 12:17 pm - Westbury, NY
  Thanks... I always say Aspire, perspire, inspire. Glad I can pay it forward.

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/11 12:48 pm
I keep track because you were 7 months ahead of me and I watched your every move. lol

Thanks for being there!

Michele
Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 10:28 pm - Westbury, NY
 God has made me pretty much a model for the DS, altho--because of my several autoimmune diseases --I'm down a few quarts these days.I always claimed that, for the most part, I didn't have a huge appetite even, tho I was fat. Most of my post-DS results have proved me out.

Maintaining my weight loss has been terrific but then I eat healthier than ever (5 small meals daily, where 1-2 of the meals are as simple as an apple or 2 oz of raw almonds). I stay away from refined carbs, almost always eat sugar-free... yet I enjoy food more than ever. Having a cutoff point is awesome. I never did stretch my belly back.

Due to some severe stressors over the past couple of years, I did fall behind in my supplements which didn't help my other issues much. Most importantly, everyone should know that vitamin deficiencies affect the mind as much as the body, so don't be surprised if you find yourself feeling very depressed and coincidentally register low D, for example. Thank God I'm back on that track.

It is my pleasure to "be here"... in every way!

Blessings always.

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

ann M.
on 11/19/11 12:58 pm - Northern, VA
Your profile is the first DS profile I read on OH and lead me to research this amazing surgery.  Thank you for sharing, and may you have many more successes in your future.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 10:35 pm - Westbury, NY
 No doubt for me that the DS an excellent surgery in the long-term but follow-up care is every bit as important--as is good fortune and healing--with any WLS. If I have helped you in any way, you've made my day by letting me know that. Blessings to you always.

Blank Out
on 11/19/11 11:28 pm
 Congrats to you!  Thanks for staying around and updating us...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 11:41 pm - Westbury, NY
 There's only one place I can be on my "versary" and a community that's crazy ridiculous close to my heart. it is indeed my pleasure to be here.

orangecrushed
on 11/20/11 5:27 am - Triad, NC
Congrats on your success!  Hope that your other issues will improve.