At Super Seven...

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 6:32 am - Westbury, NY
 If you're keeping track... Today is my 7 year switch-i-versary... One of the greatest things I've ever done. Have maintained more than 150 lbs weight loss since the surgery. Maintenance was pretty much a snap all this time except for this year since some unrelated medical issues and menopause have decided to team up and interfere but I persevere.

Thank God for Dr Mitch Roslin at Lenox Hill Hospital... He is a rock star!

Quick advice to newbies:

-Take what you need & leave the rest--in food, information and input.
-Just because "I can" doesn't mean "I should"
-TAKE YOUR VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS
-NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

adkmtngirl
on 11/19/11 7:10 am - Brant Lake, NY
 7 years! That's awesome! Love your advice for the newbies (cause even a year pos op I feel like a newbie still). 
Kristina

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 7:54 am - Westbury, NY
 We should always remain teachable, so in many instances I, too, am a newbie. Congrats on your 1st switchiversary!

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

J G.
on 11/20/11 5:02 am

Melissa, I often feel like a newbie, too.  Always searching for new info.  It's comforting to know you feel that way, too. :o)

Congrats on your sucesss.  I always get excited when I see you posting!

NoMore B.
on 11/19/11 7:13 am
 Awesome post, Melissa.  You're a real inspiration.

I just celebrated my two year surgiversary (also a Dr Roslin'er here).  I hope to be doing as well as you in 5 years.

Cheers,
Joanne
Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 7:56 am - Westbury, NY
  Back atcha, J... Do what yk is right by you and your surgery... Be honest with yourself about your needs and the steps to take, and you will be fine!

scoob
on 11/19/11 7:18 am - Somerset, KY
WOW, Melissa, you rock! Thanks for sticking around and helping the rest of us! Hope I've done half as well as you in the next 6 years!!!!!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 8:01 am - Westbury, NY
 Paying it forward is a blessed thng. I was so blessed to find OH and many of its members to help me on my journey (esp on this board, when at first it could be a whole week before a new post would surface... imagine that!).

Just continue to love and support each other... A helping hand and sympathetic ear can make all the difference. 

Imissthe80s
on 11/19/11 8:29 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Happy Seve-iversary! Thanks for this positive and reassuring post! I love seeing people on this board who are that far out...far out!

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 12:15 pm - Westbury, NY
Thanks so much. Nothing freaked me out more when I was doing my newbie research and seeing people who stopped posting on the day before surgery. Yes, we do survive. We do win. Life happens and it won't always be perfect but we can take care of one of the biggest issues in our lives and come out longer term from the other side to make sure others know about it.