Transfer addiction resources please

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 12:07 pm - AL
Thank you.  I went to two meetings today and will go to a beginners meeting tomorrow night.  I hope to make a noon meeting on Thanksgiving somewhere.

I have a LOT of support in R/L and here.  I am very grateful.

~Becky

pktwatch
on 11/21/11 12:33 pm
Good luck with your struggle Becky.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 1:32 pm - AL
Thank you PK.  I appreciate that. 

~Becky

Docj
on 11/21/11 12:34 pm
Revision on 09/01/88
Sooo hard... but it sounds like you have real guts. You made a choice to reach out for help.

I'll tell you what. I did research at U.S.C. in 94' and found out what you are going through is more common than most WLS folks know.

It may be a transfer addiction or simply self medication of depression/reality smacking you in the face now.

Some WLS pts metabolize ETOH differently and are more sensitive to it. It is a form of sugar.

It will take time to go on this journey and discover what the "driver" is of
this drinking. Pair this pursuit with AA, therapy and you will love yourself again... promise. If you need to, don't hesitate to go to an inpatient program.

Take good care of yourself.
beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 1:36 pm - AL
I think it was a combination of things and timing.  I don't think I need inpatient but I am using all the resources available to me and am not doing much else other than using those resources and not drinking.  I think that is pretty normal.  It has become a bit of a full time job/obsession which is okay.

The support I have is really quite astounding.  I admit I am quite surprised by the numbers of people who have posted to me here and the depth of the messages they have sent.  There is a lot of love on these forums.  And that love is holding me up right now. 

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/11 1:39 pm
Hey Becky, 
I just saw this post.. I don't have any words of advice, only heartfelt hugs and love. You are one of the ladies on these boards that I'm very fond of.. wishing you the best for your struggles, and please, please don't carry any burden of thinking you disappointed anyone (something you posted a page or so ago). It can happen to any of us, any. Period. Just focus on you, staying the course and being well!
beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 2:38 pm - AL
Thank you for adding your love and support to the outpouring I have received.  I am just in shock really over the amount of support I am receiving here.  It is wonderful beyond words.

I hope that my story helps another person seek help.  The rooms of AA are as full of love and support as this forum is.

~Becky

KarenFlorida
on 11/22/11 1:43 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Becky

I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you a lot and praying for you. Hugs...

Karen
beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:27 pm - AL
Karen,

Your prayers and thoughts are precious gifts.  Thank you.

~Becky

ModestoK
on 11/22/11 3:27 am
Becky -
I just read these posts and am so sorry you are having to go through this difficult time. However, I know you will get through it and will be better for it. You have shared so much with people on these boards with your encouragement and compassion. Why be suprised when you receive it back in kind?
I wish I had a magic wand to waive and make it all better, but alas it is merely fake sparkles. You WILL succeed and if you slip a few times on the long road to recovery, well it just shows you are human.
Please be gentle with yourself and do whatever you must. Never forget you have much love and support; your OH family is always here for you.
Sending you supportive thoughts & healing.
Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi