Transfer addiction resources please

maryc543
on 11/20/11 5:44 am

Congratulations on making this important decision to stop drinking.  I don't know of any resources to offer, except that posting here about the difficulties will be met with support and encouragement.  Good luck, and congrats on the firsdt of many 24 hours!   Mary  C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 11:56 am - AL
Mary,

I have had SO much support it has knocked my socks off.  My WLS community are the best ever.  I am very very very grateful.

~Becky

CharleeG
on 11/20/11 11:58 am - Jonesboro, AR
Oh sweetie, I am so sorry you're going through this. You're doing all the right things - going to meetings, posting, letting folks support you. All that takes a pair - and you definitely have 'em. Sending you all kinds of positive thoughts, hugs and loves.

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 11:57 am - AL
Thanks Charlee.  I appreciate your support so much.

~Becky

provolisa
on 11/20/11 12:52 pm - Provo, UT
Becky,

I understand that really, really shaky feeling where you feel like you can't handle ANYTHING except getting to that next meeting. 

I think one of the most important things is not to look back. Keep your eyes facing forward, and your feet taking one step after another, Onward and Upward. Never worry about anything but the current step, and I don't necessarily mean AA step... just whatever your healthiest choice of action is at the moment.

I highly recommend AA. They have a lot of maturity in dealing with addictions. They really know their stuff. It is not true, as some hard-core AAers believe, that they are the only successful way out; but they have been doing it the longest, and their principles are extremely powerful. Just keep going back!

I don't know how you feel about the Higher Power thing, but I really want to ask mine to bless you in your search for peace and sanity. Being open about your struggle is a really good start!

You can IM me anytime about anything.
Hang in there!
Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

kirmy
on 11/20/11 6:28 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh honey what a tough hand.  Keep your will firm and set your compass away from these stormy seas.  Be resolute and be brave.

My love to you. xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 11:59 am - AL
Kirmy,

I have a feeling that in a year or two I will say that this was one of the best things that ever happened to me.  I didn't drink long enough to damage my body (I hope) and I also hope I haven't damaged any other people.

AA offers a way of life and a spiritual basis for life that I have been missing.  

Thank your for your love.  I love you back.

~Becky

Blank Out
on 11/20/11 9:28 pm
 First of all, my heart felt best to you.  Secondly, I want to say, this may not be a transfer addiction, but instead may be self medicating.   Perhaps for depression, anxiety...  Maybe an eval by a good psych and the right meds may work a world of good for you right now!  We all just want to feel alright.  And, we will often do whatever it takes to feel okay.  I truly hope you find the right path for you!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 11:59 am - AL
Thanks so much Diane.

~Becky

Its a Secret
on 11/21/11 3:51 am
beemer,

I don't have any resources for you but know you are in my thought as you fight yet another battle in your life.  Doesn't seem fair that some of us have to battle things over and over but the joys always outweigh the burdens.  Keep yourself at meetings and we're here when you need as well :)

me