Transfer addiction resources please

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:55 am - AL
Thank you Bearmom.  I hope someone someday sees this thread and it helps them.  I is helping me this morning to be grateful for all of you who are supporting me.

~Becky

Julie R.
on 11/19/11 9:51 am - Ludington, MI
 Just gentle hugs for you, Beck.
I'm proud of you for recognizing this and taking that first step.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:56 am - AL
Thanks Julie,

Who knew losing weight would be so hard? 

~Becky

beth-28
on 11/19/11 10:26 am
Many hugs and critters in motion for you Becky!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:56 am - AL
Thank you Beth.  I appreciate the support.

~Becky

zuzupetals2u2
on 11/19/11 11:21 am - Sedona, AZ
don't be too hard on yourself - I know it could happen to me too tho I have never really cared for booze and have watched a few self-destruct that way. I had a couple a few months back and realized  I was getting something from it that I never used to and and could surely make a habit of it, much to my surprise. I made sure I didn't but that did scare me and made me realize how easily it could happen.

I was looking thru all the AA type books in the self help section of Barnes and Nobles yesterday with an AA friend and I saw lots of addiction type books that could help you. I didnt exactly see anything mentioning cross addictions & WLS but if something does exist you might find it online thru their site or even Amazon.

Good luck! I seem to be always be surrounded by people who are addicts of some kind tho food & shopping have been my problem ones.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:58 am - AL
Thank you Zuzu.  I think the first order of business is to keep reading my book on forgiveness that I am working on in therapy and start reading the AA Big Book.  But I will remember that there are resources at bookstores and online.

Thank you for your support.

~Becky

Elia-B
on 11/19/11 11:37 am, edited 11/19/11 11:45 am
It is truly the special people in life who get the chance to experience the joys of life at a level that feels as glorious as heaven and the lows in a way that the very act of existing causes an aching, radiating pain you would crawl out of your own skin to escape.  You are the Rembrandt's and the van Gogh's and the Da Vinci's among us... spreading beauty through a gloriously experienced life.  There's no sleep walking for you... it's every moment lived.  I know such existences carry a burden.. but you're a gift to all the rest of us who fail to see and experience life with such fullness.  The bottle hasn't beaten you because you've called in the troops.  Don't isolate.  Live transparently when it comes to this addiction, and live it around people who have the ability to say no for you when you feel weak and are having trouble saying it for yourself.  Again... don't isolate... not while the bottle is knocking at your door.  And tell on yourself every time - even if it's just that you almost slipped or thought about slipping - and feel the love of everyone coming to your aid, bolstering the walls of your resolve with their own hands and shoulders.  You are only alone in this if you want to be... and I am sooooo glad you chose not to be alone.  In God's grace we go....  God bless you.  You probably saved a life just by sharing what you're going through.  
beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:59 am - AL
What a beautiful post.  I am printing it out and putting it in my Big Book.

Thank you.

~Becky

Paula R.
on 11/19/11 2:08 pm, edited 11/19/11 2:08 pm - Portland, OR
No one ever sets out with the ambition in mind of developing a problem, Becky.  It unfortunately can happen to anyone, not just the "bad" people.  Many good people (like yourself) too get caught up in addiction's grip.  I work with people who have substance use issues, so you will get no judgment from me at all.  Ive seen many many many wonderful people who just got a little lost somewhere along the way.  Be totally proud of yourself for recognizing you need help and the strength it took for you to get it.  I know I sure am for you, even though I dont know you.  It takes balls to admit when there is a problem and guts and incredible courage to do something about it.  Good for you, girl!!!  Congratulations to you for making a plan to get your 24 hour chip.  Just take it one day at a time and I wish you nothing but the best for you.

Good luck
My signature is in the witness protection program