Transfer addiction resources please

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:52 am - AL
Thank you.  I don't feel brave at all.  I feel quite lost.  I believe in AA and I believe AA will help me find my way again.  I am lucky I have something to hold on to.  And I am lucky to have so much support here on OH.

~Becky

Sher Bear Mama
on 11/19/11 7:56 am
You ARE brave and almost 24 hours is great (even 2 hours is great sometimes). I know so many who have had addition transfer and it's so terribly common--you are not alone even though so many don't speak out about it.

I have no resources for you but I'm sending a huge cyber hug for your bravery and for you willingness to talk about something we should be talking about MORE.

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:52 am - AL
Thank you Sheri.

~Becky

jmckel1
on 11/19/11 8:03 am - Ottawa, Canada
  {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

You have been a source of support for many here and I am so sorry you are going through a rough patch. Take it one moment at a time: you WILL get back on track. ALL of us are rooting for you.
beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:53 am - AL
Thank you!

~Becky

honeybadger 11
on 11/19/11 8:03 am - FL

Oh Becky. Im so sorry you have to go thru this. BUT you will. This will be another milestone on your LONG track of life. You are incredible and strong woman and so courageous for bring this to the boards and letting us share in your hard time.

My prayer are with you, you can do it. Hold your head high and proud tomorrow when you get that 24hr chip!!!

lots of HUGS your way!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:53 am - AL
I will try to remember your words and hold my head up and smile.

~Becky

M. Miller
on 11/19/11 8:37 am
{{{{{{[Becky}}}}}}

So proud that you came and shared with us.   As others have said, we are all human and we all "fall" sometimes.  The most important thing is you realized it and are doing something about it.   

My biggest fear is just what has happened to you, my dad is an alcoholic and was abusive and I married an abusive alcoholic/drug addict the first time (i got smart and got out) so they say the odds are against me, so the attitude I have had in my adult kife  (well since I have had kids) is the only way not to become and alcoholic is not to drink, even one, and its hard. 

In my short time on the board, I have noticed how supportive and what a cheerleader you are to everyone....you have a lot of support here.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  And celebrate that 24 hour chip, you deserve it.  

The only other resource I know of is Celebrate Recovery, it is a christian based program to overcome hurts habits and hang ups, if you  prefer a faith based program it may be worth checking into.   

Hugs to you!  

Shona

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:54 am - AL
Thanks Shona.

~Becky

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/19/11 9:35 am
 I only have a hug to offer. You have helped so many with your posts here, and I know this post will shine a light on this issue for many too. Be kind to yourself.