Transfer addiction resources please

beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:29 pm - AL
Kim,

I appreciate your saying that so much.  I really do.  I am blown away by the support and love I've received since I posted about my alcohol problem and the support has really held me up this week as I have detoxed and started to learn how to live without getting drunk every night.

Thank your for your support.

~Becky

smileyjamie72
on 11/22/11 4:32 am - Palmer, AK

Becky,

You are one strong woman.  Hang tough, chickie.  You are doing the best thing right now, going to meeting to maintain your sobriety, and not keeping any of this a "secret" to be ashamed of.

HUGS!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:32 pm - AL
Jamie,

I certainly knew of the phrenomenon, thanks to these forums but I NEVER thought for a second that it would happen to me.

My progression was FAST.  If I hadn't stopped it when I did I don't know what would have happened.  I am so grateful that I wa**** in the head by my bf and got myself to a meeting.

I am going to be fine and I will probably make an effort in the future to make sure that people know of this possibility and what resources are available to them.

I guess I'll consider this my autum of insanity at some point in the future.

~Becky

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 11/22/11 7:47 am
 (((((((Becky))))))

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:17 pm - AL
Thanks Jackie.  I am getting "in" to AA.  I called two people tonight and I am going to a potluck lunch tomorrow.  I am so grateful for AA, for my wonderful bf *****fused to enable me to continue to drink, to my friends here on OH who have been SO incredibly  supportive and to my ex BF who has helped me tremendously.

I am truly blessed.

~Becky

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 11/23/11 6:49 am
 I'm really glad you have found support and also that you are talking about it openly here. this is SO easy for us to fall into; people need to be warned!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 8:05 am - Bellevue, WA
 Becky,
I responded to you on the transfer addictions page.  I'm glad you are facing this instead of hiding.  Alcoholism is a progressive disease that only gets worse...NEVER better.  I never, ever drank before my DS and struggled for 2 years to get sober.  It is so much harder to get sober than to stay sober.  Anyone else who is struggling with this...join us on the transfer addictions board.

Bless you!
beemerbeeper
on 11/22/11 2:18 pm - AL
Melanie,

I will continue to post on that forum.  I have gotten so much support here on OH and there is so much love in the rooms of AA that I am overwhelmed.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 3:58 am
No words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know how strong you are...even though you don't feel like it right now. xo
beemerbeeper
on 11/23/11 5:48 am - AL
Hey Eileen,

How's DS life treating you?  Don't be a stranger here!!!

I'm hanging in.  Lots of anxiety.  I'm going to lots of meetings.

And I'm not buying any beer today!!!!

~Becky