Transfer addiction resources please

beemerbeeper
on 11/19/11 6:09 am - AL
Yep, it happened to me.

I started drinking in September and didn't stop.  Until today.  My last drink was last night and I am not drinking today.

I went to an AA meeting at noon and am going to spend my evening at an AA meeting from 5:30-9. 

I never EVER would have thought it would happen to me.  I lived with a recovering alcoholic for many years and went to a lot of open meetings with him.

But here I am trying to pick up a few peices that might be left of my miserable life.  I didn't self destruct only because of the alcohol but it was a big part of of it.

Tomorrow I can pick up my 24 hour chip and that is my plan.

If you think it can't happen to you think again.  And if anyone has any resources that might help me either understand why this happened or any ideas other than AA and therapy that might help me find a reason to even want to live again I'd like to see them.

I am really really hurting so please be nice.

~Becky

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/19/11 6:27 am - Westbury, NY
 It happens... Life is about the serenity prayer... and I hope you find the support you need at AA. Blessings to you always 

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:43 am - AL
Thank you for your support Melissa.

~Becky

Melissa Mermaid
on 11/20/11 1:44 am - Westbury, NY
 ALWAYS, Toots

& {{{HUGS}}} &  Dare to dream & have the courage to act.  Success is yours with persistence and believing you deserve it.  melissamermaid.com (c) 2004-2013

yorkieGal
on 11/21/11 3:24 am - Clermont, FL
hey becks!! You have been under so much stress with everything lately and contine to be dealing with alot of stuff......
I have no real advice to offer except don't be too hard on yourself, try and keep positive and take one day at a time.

Lots of love and hugs
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

beemerbeeper
on 11/21/11 11:45 am - AL
Thanks Yorkie love.  You know how much I appreciate your support.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/11 6:30 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
*Squeeze*

I dont have any resources to offer, I only wants to hug your neck and say - if we are human, it *can* happen to us.

I am so proud on you for saying enough and saying enough all day.  I will be proud on you for your 24 hour chip tomorrow.  I know beneath your hurts you are proud on you too.

Much love, and a lot of healing hugs.
beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:43 am - AL
Thank you for the hugs.

~Becky

Emily F.
on 11/19/11 7:06 am
I have some books if you want to message me your address, I'll be happy to ship them to you. Good luck.
beemerbeeper
on 11/20/11 12:44 am - AL
Thank you Emily.  I will pay the shipping if you will send your address.

~Becky