low BP and WLS

Marleymeluv
on 11/18/11 7:35 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I just had surgery and was kept an extra day because of low BP....another time it went so low I passed out.A friend and I have been wonderfing about this as well,is it all WLS related? The same thing happened to him.

:360,

SW:340, CW:128, RGW:126   Lost 20 Lbs preop

Valerie G.
on 11/18/11 7:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
My BP was always on the low side before my DS, and just as low if not lower afterwards.  I started beefing up my salt intake, and haven't had a problem in many years.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Emily F.
on 11/18/11 9:16 am
Mine runs about 90/50.
Renfairewench
on 11/18/11 10:59 am
Emily, even when I was 430 pounds my bp was 110-115 / 70-80. When I lost weight it dropped to around 100/50-60. Sometimes now, it's around 90/50ish.  I have to maintain being properly hydrated or it drops my bp even further. I was in Walmart not too long ago and got horribly nauseated and started sweating. I happened to be around the pharmacy where there is a BP machine and I sat down and my BP was 80/40 but my heart rate was really high. I guess I looked pretty bad because someone, a customer I think, came over and asked me if I needed help. I asked for some orange juice. I felt better soon afterwards, but realized that I had not really had a lot to drink that day or even the days before and was probably very dehydrated. Also, when I was in the hospital the pain meds would drop my pressure a lot. It got to the point where I would get up and make my bed just to bring my pressure up so I could get pain medication (they would not give it to me because my pressure was low).  I don't know if my low BP is WLS related or not, but I think I'd rather have low BP than high! 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Marleymeluv
on 11/18/11 9:40 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Thanks ladies,I have been told by several people to up my salt intake as well.I will try that.

:360,

SW:340, CW:128, RGW:126   Lost 20 Lbs preop