What's for dinner tonight in your house?Thursday

yorkieGal
on 11/17/11 3:29 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys,

Well I fell over today, the floor was wet and I fell on my right knee and its now swollen and sore - I took a painkiller and have got it elevated and iced.

I am SO glad we have leftover meat heavy spaghetti sauce in the fridge. So bf will heat that and cook some dreamfields later which will then be covered in a blanket of shredded cheese!!

I was going to make chicken enchilada soup....that will be on the menu for tomorrow night now

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Valerie G.
on 11/17/11 4:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I'm working open to close tonight in my restaurant, so I'll likely nibble on some meat as the night progresses.  I graze when I'm here.  It's all good.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

marilyn A.
on 11/17/11 5:28 am - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94

I"m going to make brok'S PIZZA!

Gracie P.
on 11/17/11 8:04 am - Mansfield, OH
A friend of mine who is doing LOW CARB makes this pizza weekly since I gave her the recipe.  She LOVES it.  I get hungry every day when she brings it to lunch.  She is more energetic when it comes to preparing things ahead of time.  If you haven't made this pizza... it IS amazing! 

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

Renfairewench
on 11/17/11 5:57 am
I have no clue what I am making for dinner. We are supposed to go out tonight, but later, around 8 p.m. I honestly know that I should eat before we leave, but I have nothing thawed and I'm not terribly hungry. Maybe I'll just make a big omlet and one for hubby too. I have to decide soon, because I have to get dressed, make up and hair done all in an hour.

Sometimes I hate going out.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

T H.
on 11/17/11 6:01 am, edited 11/17/11 6:01 am - Bryantown, MD
We will be having Porchetta, which is an italian pork roast. It is DELISH!  Nice and fatty and juicy, too.    I buy the seasoning from a local italian butcher shop so I am not sure exactly what's in theirs, but here's a link to a recipe if you are interested.  I am sure there are other recipes out there as well.  http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2008/04/09/pork-s houlder-porchetta/

This was my "go to" pureed food when I was newly preop.  The thought of any pureed meat makes me gag, but this did not at the time.  I pureed it with pork gravy.

Oh.. Ill probably have some leftover dreamfields mac and cheese with it.. if there's room.  :)

Teri

Hope your knee gets well quickly, Yorkie :)
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

NoreenRT
on 11/17/11 6:25 am - Warner Robins, GA
homemade chicken rice soup (heavy on the chicken)
grilled cheese sandwiches.  mine will be grilled with one low carb bread - 1 slice

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Gracie P.
on 11/17/11 8:08 am - Mansfield, OH
Just got home from the hospital this afternoon, so the hubby made Bear Creek's potato soup and put a ton of cheese and smoked sausage in it.    We really like the Bear Creek Minestrone too and doctor it with Italian Sausage, many kinds of canned beans and frozen corn.  YUMMY.

Gracie                                          
- 165 lbs. total!                     Updated 4/7/13

meredith_123
on 11/17/11 8:50 am - Waterford, MI
Well we spent most of the day at the hospital with my 4 year old, he had to have an MRI which they put him to sleep for.  We had promised him he could have McDonald's for lunch after, but since it took so long that turned intoan early dinner.  I ordered the Big Mac no bun which is so good and really low carb. 
Tonight for dessert I made pumpkin mousse that someone posted a little while back.  I also added a scoop of vanilla protein powder since it doesn't have much protein without it. Here's a link to the recipe if you want to try it.  www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4467738/So-Fricking-Yummy-I-h ad-to-share/
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 9:19 am
CHICKEN BALLS!  (Don't ask me how Tracy got their legs apart)

She slow-roasted chicken in the oven with onions and seasoning and then we shredded the chicken.  She mixed it with Philly cream cheese and chives and seasoning and then rolled the mix into balls.  She dipped them in egg, rolled them in flour, dipped them in melted butter, rolled them in Panko crumbs, then I deep-fried the little cajones!  

WOW!  Crunchy shell (very pleasing texturally) with a soft cream cheese and chicken center.  I don't think I could eat them in public and be held responsible for my actions.

Next time we're going to try a different mix like cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and jalapeno.  I also want to season the flour with some cayenne to give a little extra kick.

I am OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to CHICKEN BALLS!