APPROVED!!!

determineddanni
on 11/18/11 1:47 am
Really bad reasons actually, they had no legs to stand on. They tried to change policy with saying that it required a BMI of 50+, then they tried to say I never did my supervised weight loss (which I did more than what was required), then they said that it was not medical nessesity (even though I had my surgeon and PCP write a medical nessesity letter) ...... it was actually kinda funny they were trying so hard to do anything to deny me but they honestly couldn't. So thank my lucky stars they didnt' keep the BS going otherwise it would have taken a lot longer.

I had an awesome rep through BCBS *****ally battled for me and made sure I wasn't being jerked around. So my number one thing to suggest to anyone is to make friends with your reps and be super nice to them because they will really help you.
M. Miller
on 11/18/11 2:36 am
Good to know. The medically necessary is interesting. Seems to me if you meet the minum requirements (40 BMI or 35 with other co-morbidities) that inherently indicates it is medically necessary.

I hover around 49-51 BMI...and as far as I know..no co morbidities.  You are the first person have heard have such an issue with FED BCBS (doesn't mean they don't exist).  I am armoring myself up!