My face is a mess

Jennifer D.
on 11/17/11 9:37 am
I have so much acne that I was in tears the other day trying to cover it before work and almost called in sick. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried everything from Aveeno products to Proactiv and nothing is working.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Emily F.
on 11/17/11 9:42 am
Then you need to go to a dermotalogist and get acne meds if over the counter stuff is not working.

If you have trouble w pcos, I took a med called flutamide which affects your oil glands. Only thing that helped me, I've since changed to topical treatmeants.
Jennifer D.
on 11/18/11 1:35 am
I am going to google it, but was wondering what the other symptoms of pcos are? Maybe that would explain abdominal pain? I will ask my doctor about flutamide. Which topical treatments do you use now? Our dermatologist is a major fan of accutane which would worsen washroom issues.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Emily F.
on 11/18/11 7:53 am
On November 18, 2011 at 9:35 AM Pacific Time, Jennifer D. wrote:
I am going to google it, but was wondering what the other symptoms of pcos are? Maybe that would explain abdominal pain? I will ask my doctor about flutamide. Which topical treatments do you use now? Our dermatologist is a major fan of accutane which would worsen washroom issues.
 The prescription is Accu something. There were several she had. 

I took Accutane for 6 month when I was 16, I had acne so bad on my back it was causing tons of keloid scars. It didn't clear my skin up but stopped all those scars. That is some major meds though. I think it causes suicidal tendancies. I wouldn't take it again. Who knows if its caused problems in me??
LuckyLibrarian
on 11/17/11 9:43 am - Plumerville, AR
I feel your pain, girl. I am dealing with the same thing. I recently got back on birth control pills and that has been the single best thing in clearing my skin up.
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Jennifer D.
on 11/18/11 1:38 am
Thanks Kristen, that's a good idea. I am on depo but I think it's contributing to lack of weight loss... 
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
sandyv63
on 11/17/11 10:32 am - Naples, FL
Sometimes a Zinc deficiency will do that.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Jennifer D.
on 11/18/11 1:42 am
Thanks, must get zinc, not on any besides my multi
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
Paula R.
on 11/17/11 12:16 pm - Portland, OR
What are your symptoms?  I developed what I thought was acne about 5 years ago, but it turns out that I had developed a moderate case of rosacea.  I had red tinged skin on my cheeks and nose, coupled with what I thought were zits...but not really like any pimples I remembered from high school days.  I also had increased trouble with plugged pores on my nose.

Prior to going to a dermatologist, I tried every acne type product on the market.  Nothing seemed to work (in fact, Im pretty sure I pissed my skin off even more****il I saw the dermatologist and started taking minocycline.  It had me cleared up and my skin looking fairly good for a 38-year-old in about 3 months.

My signature is in the witness protection program

Jennifer D.
on 11/18/11 1:45 am
Thanks Paula, I have blackheads from hell, forehead, nose and chin then I am getting bumps below skin that hurt so I can't stop touching them : (.  I guess I will give in and see a dermatologist and get my zinc up in the mean time.
                                      Jennifer
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG