Insurance question

Fluffy Muffin
on 11/16/11 8:12 am
Just a question..

I live in MN and have only medical assistance, GAMC. No hmo, just the MA. 

In my insurance requirements, it says:

-The recipient has made at least one serious medically supervised attempt to lose weight in the past, under the supervision of a physician, physicians assistant,  nurse practitioner, or registered dietician. Must have been at least 6 months in duration

I have in the past completed my 6 month dietician visits from September 2008 to February 2009. Yes, I realize it was way back, and I have re-started dietician appointments ( I will be having my 3rd end of this month.) 

My question is:  The insurance does not clearly state WHEN I had to of had the visits. I wasn't able to go and submit in 2009 because I got pregnant.  Since it says "in the past", I am going to 
go ahead and try to submit those visits whenever the surgeons office gets them records.  Has ANYONE had any luck getting approved in a situation like this, since it's not written clearly in their book?

It would be nice to get approved early, and if they don't, I can try again when I finish up my current dietican visits in February. 

Just wondering, thanks!

2011Mommy
on 11/17/11 12:33 am
Hey there – I don’t have the same insurance as you but the requirements are similar. I’m just starting the process myself, but my current doctor thinks that submitting all my “old" info on attempts (sporadic over the last few years) will be enough. Definitely give it a shot!   :)
Fluffy Muffin
on 11/18/11 10:32 am
 Thanks! I'm playing the waiting game at the moment, waiting for the surgeons office to get my papers to submit. Good luck to you too! Hope all goes well.