Question for Dr. K's patients or anyone who can answer

Toy T.
on 11/16/11 5:54 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Hope you all are doing well,

I am in a better mindset this week.
  Question for Dr. K's patients: I spoke w/ his office today and they received confirmation from my insurance; Anthem Blue Care Blue Shield, that revision is covered. Now my question is on the form that they sent me it says I need to provide documentation/records attempts supervised by your doctor. Now is this something insurance is requiring or something Dr. K's office is requiring bc I don't have that documentation. When I send all my needed documents back should I explain in the letter regarding diet history that I never had any supervised diets? I mean I did see a dietitian for a few months when I began gaining weight but that was almost 5 years ago. I haven't been on a supervised diet by a doctor or dietitian since then. I go on non supervised diets all the time. If someone would shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, 
teachmid
on 11/16/11 6:03 am - OKC, OK
I'm pretty sure its an insurance requirement. I was self-pay with Dr. K and i didn't have to meet this requirement.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Toy T.
on 11/16/11 6:31 am
DS on 02/22/12
Ok I will call them tomorrow and see about revision and supervised diets. I will see how strict they are about it. Thank you.
teachmid
on 11/16/11 6:51 am - OKC, OK
Good luck. I had two or three telephone consults with Dr. K, sent him a copy of my original operative report and EGD report then the reaults on his pre-op requirements (labs, EKG, chest x-ray and upper GI). Without insurance hoops, I had surgery about 6 weeks after I contacted his office for the first time.
     -Gail-

Toy T.
on 11/16/11 8:11 am
DS on 02/22/12
The lady I spoke with today said they don't do phone consults. She told me that I would meet with dr k. When I get to california but they don't do phone consults. Is that not true?
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 12:49 pm - San Jose, CA
That may be an insurance thing - he can't bill insurance for telephone consults, and (ack, I am drawing blank on her name who was saying he did) was a self-pay - that could be the difference.
teachmid
on 11/16/11 8:16 am - OKC, OK
Well, he called me and we talked at length about my medical history, my current health and about the DS revision. When I actually went out there for surgery, he spent several hours with us in person on two different days. He may have changed what he's doing, but I doubt it.
     -Gail-

Toy T.
on 11/16/11 11:58 am
DS on 02/22/12
 maybe that is what she meant. She said I needed to get all my records and they would have a 3 panel team look at them, submit to insurance for approval, and then if approved schedule appt. She said for example I would meet w/ Dr. K one day, do all needed preop one day, and then surgery next day. Im going to pick up my CT scan cd on Friday. The paper says Dr. K is doing an upper GI but I already had one so I do not know whether I should send him that report or will he want to do one himself. I am so confused. I also was going to go to CA by myself for surgery. Has anyone done this? I was looking to rent a house but Good God CA is expensive. I was going to try to stay there for the 2 week f/u and 1 month f/u instead of flying back and forth. 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/16/11 12:09 pm - Tuvalu

On the endoscopies...he wants to do them himself or see the films himself...he does not--or did not at the time--like to go by a report.

When we moved and had to be OUT of our old place before we could get INTO our new place--which needed paint and carpets and all kinds of things, we stayed in "corporate housing."  Google:
"corporate housing" +"glendale, CA"
and see what you can find.

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 7:45 pm