Hate to bring this up, but I feel like I'm eating way too much

MajorMom
on 11/17/11 7:33 am - VA
No, I was thinking the opposite. Sometimes when folks aren't taking enough calcium and iron they tend to lose too much too fast. Might not hurt to send both the dietitian and the surgeon an email. You're far enough out now that the protein you mentioned shouldn't be going straight through you. Maybe keep a food journal for a couple of weeks and send that along as well.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 7:42 am
How many mg of calicium citrate do you take?  I take 2,000 definitely, but on a good day 3,000 mg.
MajorMom
on 11/17/11 7:52 am - VA
Sounds like you're doing everything right on your end. I take 3,600mg a day but I have osteoporosis. Your dose on a good day sounds perfect. Maybe you have a food sensitivity to something that you routinely eat... hard to know. Maybe grains or sugar alcohols or milk?

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 7:58 am
MajorMom, now you may have a point RIGHT there.  I'm going to try to monitor.  I defintely know milk have me running.  I wonder if its the chocolat chips I sometimes eat.  I could be too sweet, that will definitey have me running. 

I take that amount of calicium because I noticed my teeth are not as white, or my it was easy for me to get sensitive in the gums...even when my labs looked good.
honeybadger 11
on 11/17/11 7:36 am - FL
If you are following Dr. Smith's vitamin regiment than you are NOT getting enough. Both Iron and Calcium helps firm up your movements.

There are several newbie links that beemerbeeper (becky) puts out...its back on about page 4. Hopefully you have read through it all already but if not do it NOW.

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

honeybadger 11
on 11/17/11 7:37 am - FL
Sorry, you posted the same time i did...i see now that you are on Vitaladys regiment:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

PatXYZ
on 11/17/11 11:27 am
You mention this is a stressful time for you, is it possible you're experiencing symptoms of a gut disorder like IBS?
Elizabeth N.
on 11/17/11 11:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
On November 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, Sunshine16 wrote:
Hello guys,

I feel like I eat every two hours because once I eat, it comes out of my system. I can have eggs with cheese and a suages, and 1.5 hours later running to the bathroom and then feel like I need to eat some more.  I am experiencing a very stressful time of my life of being unemployed and having the unknowing,  but I feel like I'm eating out of stress way too much.  I'm overall content where I am in size, however have not really reached my goal.  I could stand I guess 17 pounds, but I feel and look good, however like to control the amount of food I eat overall.  Do I feel hungry no,but I am struggling with head hungry BAD.  Please give me some sugguestion on how to deal with the head hungry.  Also to help with the anxiety I do cardio Monday thru Friday. 

Thank you,
Sunshine

You sound perfectly normal to me. I get miserable if I don't eat every couple hours.

Who says you aren't hungry? Listen to you body and quit assuming it's lying to you.

Dealing with "head hunger"? What is this "head hunger" you believe you have? Are you eating to soothe yourself? What are you eating when you do so?

If you're eating too many carbs, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Cut the carbs and eat protein and eating every other hour should be good for you.

Sunshine16
on 11/17/11 9:11 pm
Well typically when you are hungry you feel it in your stomach, but when your head its hungry.....its just like an addition mentally.  You just want to eat for the sake of eating, however once you eat its soothing emotionally.  Yes I am eating to sooth myself. When I eat its normally something sweet, or some type of junk food.

However I was told people normally use the bathroom in the morning and that is it.  I eat and two - three hours later, it flushes right out of my system. 

Thank you,
Sunshine
Elizabeth N.
on 11/17/11 10:16 pm - Burlington County, NJ
It may well be *what* you're eating when you self soothe with food that's causing the "flush out" effect.

It's really important to change that for a couple of reasons: one is that the carbs will undo all your good work in every other way. The other, and much more dramatic for health reason, is that by causing yourself diarrhea, you are flushing micronutrients out of your system and dramatically increasing your risk of malnutrition.

It's not about how often or "how much" you're eating.

If changing what you're consuming doesn't stop the runs, you need to get to the doc and/or do some other things to fix this.

Not everyone poops once a day, this is true. But what you are describing is different from pooping more than once a day.