Anyone else have severe nausea, post op 2 wks

Julie B.
on 11/16/11 3:59 am - OH
Ok......well, other then severe nausea, the absolute imposibility of getting down my fluids, and two trips to the hospital for fluids (and a banana bag last night), I'm alive!

Oy......honestly I'd rather be in pain then have this crappy, unforgiving nausea. Every sip is a struggle, I sat on the toilet yesterday morning and upchucked into a wad of toilet paper......LOVEIN life atm =(

I have a j-tube so I'm putting some fluids through that. Might as well forget getting my suppliments in, i'm lucky to get down my zofran and nexium daily without gagging them back up. Two weeks of this has me about worn out. Dr. Maguire says that it just happens sometimes, they don't really know why some people have the nausea so bad.

I admit it, I'm beaten today. I eat three to four bites of something per day. That's all I can handle. Dr. Maguire has me on Zofran around the clock, every 8 hours, and an extra dose if I need it inbetween.

I feel exhausted (duh, no nutrition) and frustrated.  I'm down 25lbs in 2 weeks.....blood, sweat and tears every ounce of it....

TELL me some stories and that it gets better....pleaseeee??

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

Valerie G.
on 11/16/11 4:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
The exhaustion and nausea are likely from the dehydration.  I know that every sip is a chore, but it's a necessary chore....so sip, sip, sip.  It's not going to be the least bit pleasurable, but you still have to do it, or you're not going to feel any better.

I kept a 64oz jug next to me and I took a sip before I did anything, then I took another sip when I was done.  I took a sip at every tv commercial.  I took a sip when someone called Cartman a fatass on Southpark.  I took a sip when someone got whacked on the Soprano's.  I made drinking games with my water bottle. 

Try different temperatures, too.  You may prefer warm water to cold.  Finally, if artificial sweeteners are the devil to you now and real sugar is doing okay, then just succumb to have a little sugar in the name of hydration.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dena73
on 11/16/11 5:05 am - Hamilton, NJ
YES!!!!  I survived on my prilosec which eventually got changed to nexium.  I lived on tums because believe it or not... zofran made the nausea worse.  Try to get your fluids in.  It will get better!!! 

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA    

beemerbeeper
on 11/16/11 5:56 am - AL
I'm sorry but I do not understand how one can get dehydrated if they have a J tube?

~Becky

Julie B.
on 11/16/11 5:59 am - OH
Mostly I think I didn't realize I was that dehydrated at first, and then it was clogged off, had to have it changed. But its all changed now and am putting water through it. It's a slow process, gives me cramps/upset stomach if it goes in too fast.

The J-tube is definitely a life saver for sure. Was thinking I could get all my fluids in the old fashioned way. But am using it now since I know I cant.

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

teachmid
on 11/16/11 6:14 am - OKC, OK
Julie,
I'm so sorry you're suffering right now. Have you tried different temps of water through your j-tube? With mine, I could only do Luke warm water, otherwise would get cramping.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

honeybadger 11
on 11/16/11 9:10 am - FL
im only 1 week out but i had terrible nausea and even vomitted once i moved to full liquids. Found out i cant have whey protein with lactose or any creamed soups that have processed milk add.

It doesnt sound like your eating much but i thought i would mention it because since ive moved to egg protein my stomach has been much happier.

And i will also say if i dont eat something every 2hrs i get crazy nauseous, so everything thats going on might be working against you since you cant get much into that sad tummy of yours:(

THIS WILL PASS!!! stay strong! (((HUGS)))

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Psyche
on 11/16/11 4:29 pm
Zofran and G2 (Gatorade) were my best friends immediately post-op. And yes, beying dehydrated will absolutely make the nausea worse.

I hope you feel better soon.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence