Olive Garden Mozzerella Fonduta

Jolly Rancher
on 11/15/11 9:15 am
I had this a few weeks ago with a friend at lunch. I NEVER to go Olive Garden as I try to steer away from pasta. I ordered this as an appetizer and am SO glad I did. You can use pepperoni chips or other low carb or even cheese crisps as a vehicle, but I've found that I love to just eat it with a spoon. I love cheese to a sickening level, though! Here is the recipe, directly from OG.. I cooked it longer, as I love burnt cheese. It is WAY more than enough for a couple people, so I know what I'm eating for the next few meals.

Ingredients

Directions:

1. 1 Arrange sliced Italian bread flat on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Set aside until ready to use.
  2. 2 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  3. 3 Combine sour cream, thyme, red pepper, cayenne pepper and four cheeses in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
  4. 4 If serving family-style , spray an 8" x 10" casserole dish with pan spray, then use a spatula to transfer the mixture. For individual servings, spray eight individual heat-resistant serving bowls, such as soufflé cups, with pan spray and fill each with ½ cup of mixture. Place individual bowls on a baking sheet.
  5. 5 Using a large spoon, spread cheese mixture to create an even surface.
  6. 6 Place casserole dish or baking sheet with individual bowls on center rack in oven.
  7. 7 After five minutes, place baking sheet with bread, still covered, on top rack in oven. Bake for an additional five minutes.
  8. 8 Remove bread and fonduta from oven.
  9. 9 Garnish casserole dish with diced tomatoes and parsley in center of fonduta or divide evenly among smaller bowls.
  10. 10 Arrange bread slices around bowl(s) and serve immediately.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 9:23 am
OMG!!

I am so making this!

Yummo!

Thanks
Jolly Rancher
on 11/15/11 9:39 am
I just polished off the serving I could handle. It is absolutely FABULOUS! And I really don't say that about many recipes. If you are a cheese lover, you will die for it!!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
a_new_mii
on 11/15/11 9:27 am - AZ
 MMMmmmm! can't wait to try this!  Bookmarked!  :)
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

ann M.
on 11/15/11 10:12 am - Northern, VA
OliveGarden is my family's favorite place to go.  I just substitute the pasta with either spinach for alfredo sauces or potabello mushrooms butter/whine sauces. And I try really hard to pass on the bread sticks (I'm successful at least half the time )

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

cajungirl
on 11/15/11 10:56 am
OMG, my mouth is watering. I definitely will be making this soon. Cheese is my weakness, I'll eat it with a spoon.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

dlappin413
on 11/15/11 12:44 pm - Woodstock, GA
I LOVE cheese and this recipe sounds wonderful.  I'm confused, though.  With DS, doesn't cheese cause problems because of the fat?  Or, are you substituting with low fat versions? 
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 12:52 pm - TX
 As DS'ers we malabsorb 80% of the fat we intake, so eating low fat is a mistake.  

I see that you are only a month out, so it is possible that a recipe very high in fat could be tough on your young tummy.  But over time you will find that recipes with higher fat will help your weightloss journey and general health.

dlappin413
on 11/15/11 11:45 pm - Woodstock, GA
Thanks, Raggamuffin... that's a help!
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 12:53 pm - TX
 Bookmarked!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!