***Tuesday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

MajorMom
on 11/15/11 7:58 am, edited 11/15/11 6:41 pm - VA
Hi guys,
31st anniversary today. We took the day off and went to the wineries.

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 2 protein coffees (60g)
S - Fage yogurt with blueberries and protein coffee (30g)
S - protein shake (30g)
S - winery tours--wine and more wine and 1/2 a deli flat pimento cheese sandwich
D - Texas Roadhouse--a Cosmo, a few bites of salad, fried fish, baked potato and cheesecake

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
omega 3-6-9: done
iron: done
evening batch: starting
Proferrin: pending

EXERCITES:
none

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 11/15/11 8:12 am - OKC, OK
Hi Gina and everyone,
Sounds like you had a good time, Gina, did you find any new wines you liked?
The upper GI was quite easy this time and they burned me a CD for Dr. K before i left which I overnight mailed him this afternoon. It was a really busy day with lots of running around which created havoc with food and fluids. No real meal until this evening.

All day:
Adkins bar
Few drinks of protein shake...didn 't taste good because it was sitting too long
Fage yogurt with berries and pecans
1/4 c Italian sausage soup
Cheese

D: few bites of ham and sweet potato
S: will have a protein shake later

V: behind, playing catch up
F: behind
E: tons of walking
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 11/15/11 8:20 am, edited 11/15/11 6:41 pm - VA
We got some of our old favorites but from different years and we could tell the difference. They also changed some of their blends and added more sugar to one of their dessert wines. So, same labels but different flavors. I bought the same wine I used last year for my mulled wine that folks really liked. I was happy to see that they still carried it.

Hoping the CD will show Dr K something. We gotta get you eating without issues, Gail.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

teachmid
on 11/15/11 8:43 am - OKC, OK
How do you make your mulled wine? I had some a yer go nd it was wonderful, but I've never had luck making it,

I emailed Dr. K with the info and he said he'd get back with me as soon as he looked at the films. I'd like not t worry about eating, too,
In my opinion, for what it's worth, I think it's a stricture., but who knows.

The PS appointment and this GI series has really stressed me put, but not sure why, I'm still have to do lots of STUFF being a new employee within a big system yet I'm not permitted to do anything until all the paperwork clears which could be a few more weeks.

One good thing, I'm really enjoying my walk in every morning from the parking lot to my office. Its takes between 10 and 15 minutes. Probably won't say that in the winter.
     -Gail-

ModestoK
on 11/15/11 8:47 am
Gail -  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Dr. K has some good news for you soon.  Maybe he will throw in a TT if you need to have stricture surgery.   One can dream, right?

The required walking for you new job sounds good.  That way you are at least getting some exercise every day rather than sitting on you bum like I do.

Feel better.

Kim
teachmid
on 11/15/11 8:51 am - OKC, OK
I think a stricture is just handled with an endoscopy. But......I am in desperate need of the hernia repair (huge and getting bigger). And WANT a TT. He could so it all and just throw me back on the plane. (chuckle)
     -Gail-

MajorMom
on 11/15/11 6:47 pm - VA
I use this recipe from Whole Foods or I buy their mulling spices. I add apple cider and a little brown sugar to the wine and heat it in the crock pot.

www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2369

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

teachmid
on 11/15/11 8:33 pm - OKC, OK
Thanks. I'll try it for Thanksgiving.
     -Gail-

ModestoK
on 11/15/11 8:39 am
Happy anniversary Gina!
Sounds like a wonderful day.

BITES: (DS 1/18/11)
B:  Double protein shake made with heavy cream, bite of cinnamon roll (53 g.  protein)
L:  Left over Thai food, 1 cup Muir Glen Chicken & Rice soup (16 g. protein)
S:  Double protein shake in almond milk (49 g)
D:  ???   Was thinking about a chicken & cheese quesidilla, but just remembered I've got Trader Joe meatloaf in the fidge that needs to be cooked.  Probably will have slab o' meatloaf, some buttered Julian bread,  mashed califlower, last of the Lobster bisque.  
Bedtime - Double scoop Syntrax Apple Ecstasy
   Totals - around 200 protein, 85 carbs, after DS math = ~950 calories.

VITES:  morning & noon batches done, evening, night, & bedtime proferrin pending.
Fluids:  60+ so far now including shakes
EXERCITES:  15 minute walk.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

teachmid
on 11/15/11 8:44 am - OKC, OK
Kim,
Your bites sound really good.
     -Gail-