Welcome, Ruth.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Valerie G.
on 11/15/11 7:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Welcome, Ruth! 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

determineddanni
on 11/15/11 8:01 am
Welcome Ruth!
There is so much info here on the DS board for you to have access too! Our Vetted DSer's are awesome, so are the rest of us lol
a_new_mii
on 11/15/11 8:27 am - AZ
Hi Ruth!!!

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

seekingsusan
on 11/15/11 9:03 am - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
Welcome Ruth (i just love that name, it's my grandmother's, mother's and daughter's name)

You're in the right place.  As a newbie (pre-op) too. Let me add my $.02 worth.

Couple of things to factor into the cost(s), vitamins, labwork, including labs before surgery (to make sure recovery goes as smooth as possible) and post surgery. Not sure if my insurance will cover all the necessary labs (as some surgeons don't request all the labs that we as "good ds consumers" want to have). So Vitamins, Labwork, etc. Lots to factor in and lots to learn here. I was personally on overwhelm at the knowledge of required of lab work alone, until I read several times, that all those #s WILL make sense as time goes on.  One thing I've recently learned from lurking here is that labels on vitamins can be a tad misleading, you MUST read the fine print and dang near be a pharmacist to know what your taking.  Not to worry though, there are a few savvy Veterans here that will keep us learning in the right direction.

Again, welcome.
S~

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 9:10 am
 Thanks for the additional items to add to my growing list. I am a bit overwelmed right now, but in a good way.
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 10:10 pm
   Welcome to the DS board Ruth! See my signature line and click on the DS sticky for newbie information and reading.