Tuesday - what's for dinner at your house tonight??

adkmtngirl
on 11/15/11 4:34 am - Brant Lake, NY
Tonight we're having chicken cutlets, twice baked potatoes and a tossed salad. 

I'm so sick of planning dinners around what they have for school lunches. We were supposed to have grilled "pizza" sandwiches (think along the lines of a pannini with 3 types of cheese, a little marinara sauce and I add pepperoni and green peppers to mine), but....the school served them pizza today. Grrrrr.......
Kristina

T H.
on 11/15/11 5:41 am, edited 11/15/11 5:41 am - Bryantown, MD
We are having low carb Dreamfields Mac and Cheese.  

I made it with half a box of the Penne (which is all I had), about 6 oz cheddar cheese and 4 oz mozzarella.  1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup water, 1 egg (which I beat in with the whipping cream and water), salt and pepper.. 

I might eat a frozen chicken cordon bleu if there is room :)

Teri
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

yorkieGal
on 11/15/11 6:14 am - Clermont, FL
Hey terri, if you have any mac n cheese left over for tomorrow cut into squares or make it into balls and deep fry!!

bf and I did this as we made a ton one night and then had so much left over...we were watching paula deen cook deep fried mac n cheese squares.....now we always have these as a party finger food. I then make them into balls and squeeze a mini marinated mozzarella ball into the centre of the ball...deep fried Ds heaven with some spicy ranch (my choice) or marinara (bf's choice)

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

T H.
on 11/15/11 6:47 am - Bryantown, MD
I saw that on one of your other posts, and YEP!  I made enough to do that with .. LOL

thanks!

teachmid
on 11/15/11 6:48 am - OKC, OK
Terri,
How long to do you bake it and at why temp?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

T H.
on 11/15/11 8:13 am - Bryantown, MD
Oh Sorry.. I baked it at 350 for 50 minutes in the middle rack.  I put it in an 8 x 8 pan.  I also MEANT to put butter in it but forgot. I didn't miss it and it was yummy as usual.

Sunshine16
on 11/15/11 8:12 am
I love Dreamfields.  So far I have made lasagna, spaghetti, and macaroni and cheese...and it taste so delicious.  Can't even tell the difference.  
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 5:42 am - TX
 Well, last night was going to be taco meat pile on (taco meat, green chile cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce and corn tortillas--oh and sour cream and salsa).  But we ended up needing to do some DS patient counseling at Starbucks at dinner time.  So we wound up doing Kielbasa with fried taters and cheese.

So taco pile on is supposed to be tonight...But one of our local bariatric surgeons has suddenly taken it into his head to do the DS but his staff hasn't a clue how to educate patients. So we are back to Starbucks.  Good thing I've got a SB gold card!!  (Depressing bit is I think (thanks to these meetings) our local baristas know more about DS than our local bariatric surgeons)

Going to try and get the meat made up, onions and tomatoes chopped, and the cheese diced for melting before I get the boys from school.  Then we can devour and run.   
teachmid
on 11/15/11 6:49 am - OKC, OK
Ham steak and sweet potatoes.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

elixir
on 11/15/11 7:13 am - MI
I made German Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash. My brother ate his served over egg noodles, I ate mine without. I hate goulash made with tomatoes and this recipe didn't call for any. It was pretty delish.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor