Tuesday - what's for dinner at your house tonight??

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 11:29 pm
newyorkbitch
on 11/15/11 12:18 am
I'm maxing oxtail,  Jamaican style.  Will serve with rice,  and I have some butternut squash to roast.
elixir
on 11/15/11 7:34 am - MI
Can you share your oxtail recipe? I bought oxtails a couple of weeks ago and stuck it in the freezer since I wasn't sure what to do with it. I tried some once at a potluck at work and loved it, but the girl who made it isn't there any longer.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

* Gail R *
on 11/15/11 1:27 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Split pea soup, heavy on the ham chunks with corn bread.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

provolisa
on 11/15/11 1:41 am - Provo, UT
Well, tonight at the Nursing Home, they are serving:

Steak sandwiches au jus
Steak fries
sweet and sassy cole slaw
and mandarin orange delight (probably involves fruit and jello)

So, since I am having to eat high protein and low carb for pre-op, I will skip the steak fries, and have twice the steak with no bun. I may or may not eat the mandarin orange stuff, depending on how it looks and whether or not they have a sugar-free version (they probably will).

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

marilyn A.
on 11/15/11 2:30 am - willoughby, OH
DS on 03/17/94
we're gonna have paninis with corned beef, swiss cheese and a touch of sauerkraut. On low carb bread, of course!
Cheryl W.
on 11/15/11 3:25 am - Cerritos, CA
Beans & Weiners has replaced Mac & Cheese for a quick meal around my house.   Funny how something so simple has become a favorite.

Cheryl ;)
KarenFlorida
on 11/15/11 3:27 am - Orlando, FL
Chili!!
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

ModestoK
on 11/15/11 4:18 am
Tonight I'm planning on having a quesadilla made with a low carb tortilla stuffed with roasted chicken and cheddar cheese. 
I'll also have maybe 1/4 cup refried beans with extra cheese.

Yorkie - could you make part of the chicken casserole without rice? Do you make yours using a box of wild rice?   I'm wondering if you have ever played around with it to get it lower carb.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

yorkieGal
on 11/15/11 6:19 am - Clermont, FL

hey Hon, I use instant rice as it cooks more quickly and bf hates wild or wholegrain anything lol.
No I've never played around with it...this is bf's and his daughters fav so i agreed to make it tonight....we don't have any recipes like this in the Uk so I had never had it till one night in Crackerbarrel, jamie ate it and I tasted it.....I wonder if you could make it with pasta instead of rice, maybe pre cook the chicken and then add the soups, peas , mushrooms and dreamfields penne or rotini and then fini**** off in the oven...after all, the rice is just a vehicle for the sauce and chicken????

maybe I'll try it and let you all know how it goes !!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!