Tuesday - what's for dinner at your house tonight??

yorkieGal
on 11/14/11 9:47 pm - Clermont, FL

Hey Guys, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of your input to this thread - all your knowledge and ideas really help me at nearly 4 yrs post op to have some new fresh dinner ideas and I am sure that it helps newbies see the quality of life we all have food wise!!
So a big Thank you!

So tonight at our house won't be as low carb as I'd like as bf's daughter, son and daughter in law and their baby are coming for dinner and they have all been requesting chicken and rice casserole.
I'm making green beans cooked with chopped bacon too. PLan on picking out as much chicken and sauce as I can and having it over the green beans.
On days like today, I try as hard as possible to make the rest of the day as low carb as I can to balance it all out!! so leftover low carb lasagne for lunch and bcon and eggs for breakfast!!

Love to you all today - happy cooking

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

MajorMom
on 11/14/11 10:05 pm - VA
Today isn't going to be low carb for us either. We're going to the wineries near us today. Not sure what dinner will be. We may go out to a steakhouse or seafood restaurant. Have a great evening tonight, Yorkie.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Frankie
on 11/14/11 10:15 pm - NY
Good morning,

dinner this evening will be:

BBQ chicken,
mashed sweet potatoes (with butter and cinnamon)
steamed broccoli

I love this thread as I am getting new recipes too!  Gives me and my family some variety and not eating the same thing over and over.

Have a great day all!

Frankie

Renee2007
on 11/14/11 10:33 pm - Central, FL
 Tonight I am making a chicken and broccoli casserole. Maybe some buttered crescent rolls! I got the recipe from Beth Pack and I'll share.

Chicken And Broccoli Casserole

6 chicken breasts cut in chunks

Broccoli florets

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 small onion diced

1 cup of mayo

Shredded cheese

Stove top stuffing

Cook chicken and onion, toss in large bag of frozen broccoli and cook til broccoli is slightly cooked, toss in 9x13 pan, top with soup and mayo mixture, top with about 2 cups of shredded cheese, prepare stuffing mix per box instructions ( I add more water for easier spreading), top cheese layer with the stuffing mixture and bake at 350 till brown and bubbly

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

yorkieGal
on 11/14/11 10:39 pm - Clermont, FL
Hey Renee, that sounds Yummy, jamie loves stuffing!
which kind of stuffing do you use?

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Renee2007
on 11/14/11 10:42 pm - Central, FL
 I got the chicken flavored box of Stove Top stuffing. I will probably limit myself on the stuffing....don't really know how that will sit with me. I don't think I have had any since surgery. I'm going to pig out on the chicken and broccoli and cheesy goo!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

* Gail R *
on 11/15/11 1:25 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I find that the cornbread stuffing sits best with me. I am copying your recipe for later this week. Nice and easy.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

yorkieGal
on 11/14/11 10:50 pm - Clermont, FL
Oh sounds lovely, think I'll make it on sunday for dinner after a day of yard work lol

Love to you and Craig - Hope his shoulder is doing ok and have a great time at the wedding!!

Yorkie xx

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 11:20 pm
yorkieGal
on 11/14/11 11:25 pm - Clermont, FL
oh sounds good - do you have one of those fancy panini presses? How do you cook them, in a pan? I love Panera, their chilli with cornbread croutons is so good.....Mmmm maybe thats an idea for the weekend too....lol

Yorkie xx