Had my LIS yesterday, here's my "tail."

DivaJojo
on 11/15/11 6:01 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello all;

Just wanted to update you on how things were going with me. You know, it's been a rough few days, but God is good. You know my fissure surgery was scheduled for yesterday. Well I met the anesth at the surgery center last week who advised that due to the recent pulmonary embolus, they would move my procedure to the hospital. Great, but that required rescheduling and they were talking dec 22nd!! I couldn't deal so I expressed my concern to the practice administrators office on Friday as wewere off for veterans day. I mean, I've taken time off from bith y jobs and stopped the coumadin per instruction. Welk, while I waited for an answer, I decided to take my cat in for a check up since she wouldnt be boarding with them yet. She's 20 years old and has been doing a lot of droolong lately. Ten minutes after I hung up with the vet, the drool was turning pink and red. I threw clothes on and rushed her in. A cancerous tumor had taken over inder her tongue, spreading from her body and I had to have her put to sleep.

Crying on the way back home I got the call they could do my surgery on Tuesday.

Went in yesterday, met all the nurses, the doc and the anesth, then they took me back @ 4:45 and the next thing I knew, I was waking up on my right side with a dull, but noticeable pain in my butt from the incision. Tgey took my vitals and gave me water and graham crackers . . . Ohhh, those were good, hadn't eatwn since 8pm the night before and ot was almost 6pm.

I would feel an occasiinal twinge in the vaginal myscle which they said was normal. My good triend came back after filling my ain med script. They helped me move from the bed to a chair nd when steady and it was flear I didnt have any nausea from the anesthesia,, they cleared me to dress and to home. I laid iin the back seat while mt chauffer drove, stopping bt CVS tor mineral oil as I was instructed to take 3-4 tbspn, 3 times daily. Git home round 7pm. My pain had elevated to about a 3-4 before leaving, so they gave me 2 percoset and I set the timer for my next dose. Getting ready to take a dose now. Have urinated, but that's it. Nervous about that first one, but this too shall pass (pun very much intended.

Theres a very uncomfortable wad stuck uo there tgey say will pass with the first movement and I am keeping padded, though there's been not much blood.

Thats as much as my still slightly groggy mind can handle at the moment, so I'll sign off, take my happy pill, drink water and go to sleep for a bit.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

prettypixels
on 11/15/11 7:45 pm
Wow, I'm glad it's behind you and hope you are feeling lots better soon!
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 8:34 pm
Please feel better soon. I'm so sorry about your furkid.  They mean so much to us. You have some major physical and mental healing to do, so I'm sending you some strong cyber healing hugs!

Hugs,
Ratkity
provolisa
on 11/15/11 11:31 pm - Provo, UT
I am very sorry about your cat - I am sure it was a shock that what started out as excessive drooling turned fatal so quickly. I recently had to put to sleep my little dog I had had for 14 years, so I can really imagine what you are feeling.

I am so glad that you didn't have to wait till Dec. 22nd, and that the worst is behind you (pun intended). I hope that your first b.m. is uneventful, and you can have steady improvement till you are well!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

Kathleen F.
on 11/16/11 12:48 am, edited 1/25/12 5:53 am

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad the surgery is over with. Now you will heal and be over with that darn fissure!

[edited to remove personal information]

J G.
on 11/16/11 2:30 am, edited 11/16/11 2:31 am
JoJo, I am soo sorry to hear about your poor cat. I know that must have been hard on you. And I know this medical stuff has been a real pain in the butt. Right? ha. Great that you didn't have to wait till the 22nd. Miralax always helps me to go, but if you haven't eaten it may take a while. Sorry, I'm sure you would like to get that wad out of there! Hope the percosets work. They only gave you 2 ??????
DivaJojo
on 11/16/11 5:37 pm - Atlanta, GA
Oh, no. I had a whole prescription, but the gave me two to take before leaving the hospital so it coukd get in my system.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 3:14 am - San Jose, CA
PLEASE call the surgeon's office back about the packing they left up your ass.

When I had my LIS in 1995, they apparently told me (well, they SAID they did, but I don't remember - on the other hand, I was just waking up from anesthesia!) to remove the packing after 4 hours or something like that.  I didn't hear it.  At 3 AM, I woke up in AGONY.  I called the office at 3 AM and I was asked by the on-call doctor if I had removed the packing - removed the WHAT?  I could NOT get it out, and I was alone and in agony.  I ended up in warm bathtub trying to grab the material with my fingers to pull it out - it was AWFUL.  It was a mess of folded up gauze that I pulled out like a bunch of scarves from a magician's sleeve (rather than as a single huge wad).  I felt SO much better when it came out.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO **** OUT A SOLID LUMP OF PACKING MATERIAL THAT HAS ABSORBED FLUIDS FROM YOUR RECTUM, OVER AN INCISION IN YOUR ANUS!!  Please call your surgeon NOW and ask if you can remove it manually and gently now, before you have to take your first poop!  Especially since it is likely to be a massive DS poop!