4 Filet Mignon 5 Oz
10 Omaha Steaks Burgers 4 Oz
4 Franks Gourmet 3 Oz
4 Salmon Fillets Marinated 6 Oz

8 Count Potatoes Au Gratin
  (I can't eat this.)
Cutlery Set W/cutting Board 
    (Probably trash.)

for $100 bucks.  I'm sure that if I went into "smart shopper" mode, I could do better...but it's just two old farts (and one of them is loaded and will be until Friday) with bad backs...and so the entree contents of 15-16 meals for two, delivered, with most portion sizes pretty close to what we should be considering...seemed like a good thing.

Although tonight we're having chicken soup.

amccu18007
on 11/14/11 9:00 am - Newark, DE
Yum, let us know how they cook up. I often wonder if they are good quality. Ilove the fact that they are already sealed and frozen. It would save me a trip to the butcher.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Elizabeth N.
on 11/14/11 9:47 am - Burlington County, NJ
If you can get Schwan's delivery in your area, their meats are nice and things come already sealed and frozen. I wouldn't call them gourmet, but you can't beat the convenience. www.schwans.com .

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 9:18 am
I really want to know how they turn out also.  I have not ordered in the past because I couldn't find anyone who had experience with them.

k9ophile
on 11/14/11 9:45 am
We got a gift certificate for Omaha steaks one year for Christmas.  They were good and cooked up well.  I would only order from them again under the same cir****tances.  We have some very good butchers at family owned/independent grocers and do well buying locally.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 10:15 am
Buying good beef locally here is a joke.  There is a good butcher but it is a 200 mile round trip.  Usually we buy a steer, feed it up and have it cut up but that didn't work out this year. :(
k9ophile
on 11/14/11 10:30 am
200 miles is quite a drive for good cuts of meat...  As I said, we do have some good meat locally, but when I go to Nashville, I'm sure to go to Publix, Trader Joe's, World Market,  and Whole Foods.  I spend a small fortune on non-perishables.  Very little adventure is found around here in spices or foreign food. 

If we didn't have a major university in town, our restaurants would be very blah.  I'm delighted to have Thai, Indian, Korean, and a little Greek around here.  Every time I go, I'm surprised to find them still in business.  The food is good, yet most people around here think Toxic Bell is real authentic Mexican and Fazoli's is Italian.   Good resaurants are about the only thing I miss about living in more urban settings.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Switch_Me
on 11/14/11 9:57 am - Baltimore, MD
 My mother in law gave me a gift certificate for Omaha Steaks.  GREAT Present!  Still have a box of the steaks in the freezer.  They're quite tender and keep well.  I'm a fan!
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 10:01 am - TX
 We got a similar box from my in-laws for Christmas a few years running.

To be perfectly  honest, while the steaks, pork and burgers were good, the sole was appallingly bad.  Hopefully, it was a shipping/storage error on my part and yours will be good!
scubadiva
on 11/14/11 12:58 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Omaha Steaks!  I just went to their store today actually for some in-store Thanksgiving specials.  Ordering online has good specials as well.  Try their breakfast sausage and stuffed potatoes.  And apple tartlets.... I could go on and on.  But I really like their sausage.  I love the variety they have and the quality is awesome in my opinion.  You will find what you like and maybe you will become a regular like me.  Enjoy!