Scared to post: I'm scared of the scale

Lori F.
on 11/14/11 11:46 am - Chula Vista, CA
 When I'm dieting, I'm obsessed with the scale. I might weigh myself 6-10 times a day. My entire emotional well-being rests on that damn scale. If i lose, I'm good. If I stay the same or gain, it's over. 

Now, with the band, I am avoiding the scale. Actually, I just got on it yesterday and was not surprised. I can't imagine NOT thinking about weighing, even if I'm not doing it. I think I need to get rid of my scale too...AFTER my DS, of course!

Glad to know I am not alone!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 6:34 pm, edited 11/14/11 8:08 pm
dtabor5
on 11/15/11 8:19 pm
you are loosing.. I promise.... they way i lost was... i lost weight and then i lost inches... i would swear i was in a stall or stopped loosing and then that is when i would pick a pari of pants that were WAY too small when i started and i could tell each time that I could get them up past my hips, or I am this close to buttoning them.. In the begining i obsessed over the scale and then i put it away, and the only time i weight was when i went to the Doctors office before support groups... we look in the mirror and see little to no change but in reality there is a major change and you look GREAT!!! You must remember that the main reason that you did this surgery was, to get healthy not skinny. the slimmer looks was a bonus to a better you...

Sending you gentle hugs and sending you all my support!!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

MajorMom
on 11/14/11 8:05 pm - VA
Don't use the scale. This should be a great exciting journey for you. Maybe just take your measurements once a month and match them up to the sizing charts of catalogs to give yourself an idea of where you're at. Don't stress :(

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ann M.
on 11/15/11 11:50 am - Northern, VA
I agree with everyone else.  If the scale scares you, fine, don't use it.  Like Gina said, this is a time for celebrating.  I really like Elizabeth's idea.  Go find a nice saleslady and see what the smallest size she says fits.  I'm pretty sure it won't be the current size you're wearing.

How are you with pictures?  Do you have any pre-op pictures?  Can you take a current pic to do a side by side comparison?  That was the only way I could truly tell.  Even with weighing myself on the scale, I didn't really believe the numbers.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.