Scared to post: I'm scared of the scale

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 5:06 am
I'm still scared of the scale.
I have not weighed since six weeks after surgery (I think). I cannot take the scale outta hiding. Perhaps it works. I didn't weigh before; I only kept it because it still worked.
I'm scared of it. I'm stuck in scared of the scale. 
I'm sure that you know what I mean.
I'm the opposite of kirmy's recent post....I've been subjected to the whip so many times I cannot even bear to see it anymore.
Elizabeth N.
on 11/14/11 5:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
So don't. Throw the damned thing away and measure your progress by other means, like better health, change of fit in clothing, measurements, etc.

Larissa P.
on 11/14/11 5:30 am, edited 11/14/11 5:30 am - Denton, TX
Believe it or not - even if you don't weigh yourself, you will lose the weight.

I had so many complications I think I was 5 months before I voluntarily weighed myself (up til then all the doctors and nurses did it for me, and I was so sick I didn't give a s#!t what it said).

I kept up the habit of rarely (once every 4-6 weeks) weighing myself and never stressed once about stalls because I didn't notice any.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Valerie G.
on 11/14/11 5:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You don't need it.  The ass-end of your britches tell the whole story anyway.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

dtabor5
on 11/14/11 6:00 am
OH YEAH!! Hubby told me everytime i lost weight, he told me looks like a family moved out of the ass of my jeans!!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Sunshine16
on 11/15/11 8:18 am

LOL, your hubby is funny...lol.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/15/11 8:08 pm
On November 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, dtabor5 wrote:
OH YEAH!! Hubby told me everytime i lost weight, he told me looks like a family moved out of the ass of my jeans!!

Denise

Your hubs and my hubs should go out and get a beer. They would get along fine!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 8:07 am
Elizabeth N.
on 11/14/11 9:47 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I suspect that you are missing the change in your clothing sizes. Here is your homework: GO SHOPPING. Find a salesperson who appears to care about customer service and tell that person that you have no idea what size you are and how your clothes fit, so would she please help you find some stuff that fits correctly?

Let HER fit you. Then believe her. THEN see if you're really still the same size. I'll bet good money you are not, but because your perceptions are so skewed, you can't tell. (Which is a totally normal phenomenon for us.)

Julie R.
on 11/14/11 9:38 am - Ludington, MI
 I have severe scale PTSD.....seriously.    My parents committed some awful abuses with the scale growing up that scarred me for life.     I probably weigh in once a month - at the most - these days.   If my pants feel too tight, I cut back on the carbs.  That's it.    I only weighed in once a month as a posat-op too.    Don't worry about it. You're losing.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125