Disappointing appt. with Dr. Kemmeter

teachmid
on 11/14/11 6:41 am - OKC, OK
**like**
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 3:00 am - Bayonne, NJ
I was a revision patient who had prior surgeries besides my initial open RNY, including a C-section, hernia repair, & lower body lift. Does he really think that a cholecystectomy would cause enough scar tissue to prevent a DS?

BTW, I didn't get a bigger sleeve or longer common channel, and I never got down to his goal. At least I made it to my rny goal, haha.

Pick up some proferrin, you can get it from Vitalady. That'll help with the anemia and it works quickly.
newyorkbitch
on 11/14/11 3:13 am
Proferrin does nothing for me, nothing.
Larissa P.
on 11/14/11 4:15 am - Denton, TX
Do you snap it in half?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Guate Wife
on 11/14/11 11:54 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Proferrin does nothing for me, either, but it certainly should for a pre-op.
And, yes, I would still recommend snapping it in half as Larissa has stated.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

elixir
on 11/14/11 3:19 am - MI
I'm sure Dr. Kemmeter would do whatever he can to make sure you come out with the surgery of your choice, however I would make sure to express that it he can't do the DS that I would want a sleeve instead of RNY...or nothing at all.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/14/11 3:58 am, edited 11/14/11 8:30 am - Tuvalu

You know, there are people who thrive on knowing EXACTLY what every minute of their day is going to entail and others who would go mad with the repetition. 

There are guys who are good at new home construction and who would go nuts with working on "revisions" to existing construction...too many surprises.  The alterations lady at my dry cleaners hates sewing stuff from patterns...thinks it's boring.  But my sister, who is good with patterns, hates alterations because you never know what you're going to find once you start taking things apart.

Same with surgeons.  I don't know Kemmeter, but I know Keshishian and I'm pretty sure that while he's okay with a "run-of-the-mill" DS surgery, he actually ENJOYS the problem solving that goes along with more challenging cases.  

I'm not going to comment on skill levels, because I'm not in a position to evaluate them.  I'm just going to say that it SOUNDS LIKE Keshishian is someone who is personally comforted by figuring out how to deal with more difficult cases and Kemmeter is someone who likes to know EXACTLY what he is getting into before he goes there.
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 9:11 am
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/14/11 3:59 am, edited 11/14/11 4:06 am - Tuvalu
On November 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM Pacific Time, Carol P. wrote:...
I have iron defiency anemia (Ferritin 8 [11-37] and Iron 34 [40-175]) and my Vitamin D should be higher (32 [25-70]) so he told me to take iron pills and more vitamin D, but another doctor is supposed to call me back in the next few days about my labs and I'll ask her about getting an iron transfusion.

INfusion.

A TRANSfusion comes from one person and goes into another.

Carol P.
on 11/14/11 5:04 am
Thanks for the correction.  That would have made me sound stupid.