Monday -what's for dinner tonight thread

galla1
on 11/14/11 2:03 am
These are great ideas! Thanks

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 10:57 pm - Clermont, FL
Thanks for that Frankie, I certainly will try it. I am planning on buying a programmeable crock pot in the black friday sales. I have my regular one and use it all the time but we could def use a programmeable one!!

My man jamie would love this recipe and I will def make it for movie night next week!!

Love it !! us Ds'ers rock!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Its a Secret
on 11/14/11 12:31 am
Jello, jello and more jello LOL

and for desert, some chicken broth LOL

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 12:47 am
galla1
on 11/14/11 1:53 am
Great Idea Yorkie!!

We are having elk roll- ups and an Australian..I can't remember the name "cooking pumpkin" (grilled also)

Can be made with any type of red meat.. in case anyone is interested:
Some type of marinade I use a cheap one called Dales
Bacon
we use tenderloin or back-strap cut in 1/2" slices
jalapenos fresh or green bell pepper if you don't want the "kick" cut into thin strips 2inches long by 1/4" wide
Julienne sliced onion (same as peppers)
slice of cream cheese

beat the meat with a tenderizer to make meat thin and flat.. put in a bowel of marinade for about 30 minutes.. on a cookie sheet I lay a half piece of bacon down then the meat, then the pepper, onion, and cream cheese in the middle of the meat. Roll the meat up.. wrap the bacon around it tightly put a toothpick to secure the bacon take off cookie sheet and put them on the grill... cook how you like it.. I have these  "cages" that I put them in  to  cook them on the grill .. But I also typically make over 100 of these at a time for the business that we are in.. so when I make a small batch for the family I will use a "kabob" cage which holds about 6 in each one..

The cooking pumpkin

Cut in half or quarters
wrap in foil cook on high on the grill..."skin side out" for 20-30 minutes or until the outside is soft to the touch..
Once grilled put a couple slices of butter, salt, pepper and serve  ... YUM YUM

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
P. Poster
on 11/14/11 2:44 am
 I'm making a pumpkin and apple sausage penne pasta.  I'll be using Dreamfields for the penne.  Here is the recipe-

Pumpkin and sausage penne pasta
1 12 oz package of chicken sausage-apple flavored 
1 box whole wheat penne pasta (I use Dreamfields)
2 T olive oil
1 small onion finely diced
3 cloves garlic sliced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup evaporated milk
15 oz can pumpkin (NOT pie filling, plain pumpkin)
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream 

Slice open sausage casings and dump meat into pan, then cook in skillet with olive oil till browned. Add onions and garlic and cook till onion is tender.  Add broth, milk, pumpkin and spices, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low allowing sauce to thicken (took about 5 minutes).  Mix in sour cream and toss with pasta (I don't rinse the pasta and it helps thicken it more).

Valerie G.
on 11/14/11 3:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I'm a grazer most of the time.  I do have a date with my two BFF's tonight, so I'll actually sit down to something respectable.  No clue, though.  I'll continue nibbling on pulled pork and brisket until then.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mdae
on 11/14/11 4:18 am
i'm doing a crockpot ham, with some brussel sprouts and potatoes

scoob
on 11/14/11 5:35 am - Somerset, KY
Fish and chips! Well, Catfish grilled in butter and deep fried french fries,lol!! Still yummy!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Lucy M.
on 11/14/11 5:52 am - Conway, SC
Thanks Yorkie gal for this post.

There are a lot of good ideas for a DS dinner here. I printed many of them for me to try.

Thanks everyone!

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.