Monday -what's for dinner tonight thread

yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 9:08 pm - Clermont, FL

Hi Guys, I thought it might be easier to post this earlier in the day so we can get ideas for dinner ideas ......I'll start...

Tonight we're having a lasagne made with slices of eggplant and ground beef. I've never made this before and am kind of winging it recipe wise so if anyone has a tried and tested recipe for this I'd love it......

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

T H.
on 11/13/11 9:22 pm, edited 11/13/11 9:22 pm - Bryantown, MD
I am going to make that Low Carb Sheperds Pie recipe that was on here a week or so ago.  I couldnt find the recipe on here thanks to the sucky search (and lack of patience) so I think this this is the same recipe from the net.  Thank you in advance to the person who posted it.  :)

Teri

Low Carb Shepherds Pie

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 medium onion - chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese - separated
6 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled

16 ounces frozen cauliflower
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chives
salt and pepper
garlic powder

1 (12 ounce) package frozen green beans

Cook cauliflower until tender and mash with sour cream, butter and chives. Set aside.
Cook and crumble bacon.
Brown hamburger, onion and drain.
Mix hamburger, bacon, salt, pepper, garlic powder, egg and one cup cheddar cheese.
Spread into 9x9 casserole.
Layer green beans.
Spread mashed cauliflower over top.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 9:52 pm - Clermont, FL
ooh that sounds so good - bookmarked for later in the week, thanks

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Lucy M.
on 11/13/11 11:27 pm - Conway, SC
Teri, This sounds so delish!

I am going to try this recipe soon. I love shepard's pie and low carb too. Yummy!

Thanks
Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

galla1
on 11/14/11 2:00 am
This sounds delish!! this will be on the menu this week for sure!!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
Lucy M.
on 11/13/11 9:42 pm - Conway, SC
I have a beef roast cooking in a crock pot right now - on low for 10 hours. Seasoned well. Plans on adding some roasted onions and mashing cauliflower and butter. Can you say YUMMO??

Chock full of protein!

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 9:54 pm - Clermont, FL

Oh Lucy, roast in the croc pot sounds so good....its my man's favorite dinner! and I love leftovers for lunch or dinner, shredded and some chipotle sauce in a low carb tortilla with a ton of cheese and sour cream...

Yorkie xx

Frankie
on 11/13/11 10:12 pm - NY
Good morning all,  this is a great thread.  I am making for dinner tonight:

Turkey meatloaf (I made it this morning and put it in my slow cooker and it will be done when I get home).
Steamed veggies

Frankie

yorkieGal
on 11/13/11 10:22 pm - Clermont, FL
hey Frankie,
glad you like the thread, I love new ideas and I think its helpful for others to see what we actually eat rather than all the myths about Ds'ers and so many of us love to cook and have such great recipes!!

How do you make meatloaf for the corck pot? do you have a recipe you can share with us?? my man loves diner meatloaf and mashed potatoes!!

Yorkie xx

Frankie
on 11/13/11 10:28 pm - NY
Hi YorkieGal, here is my recipe (you can use whatever type of ground meat you like )

1.5 lbs ground turkey
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 large onion chopped
1 egg
breadcrumbs
2 tsp Adobo
black pepper
mozzarella cheese
2 squirts of ketchup

I mix it all together and form the loaf.  Spray the bottom of your crockpot.  Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.  It comes out juicy and not dry.

I make it for my family all the time as they love mash potatoes with it and green peas.

Since I am back at work I have a programmable crockpot so I have it set to start cooking at 2pm and by the time I make it home by 6pm its done.

I hope you try it sometime.

Frankie