The grazing monster has got a-holt of me!

ladydi1970
on 11/13/11 3:07 am, edited 11/13/11 3:17 am - GA

Hi everyone!!

Hope all is going well for everyone!

I finally figured out the bloating.... it was the sugar free gum that I was chewing.  Keep in mind...l I had 2 pcs in my mouth at all times, (new pcs about every 2 hrs), so I was getting all those great sugar alcohols!!!

Now...to the topic...

any tips to KICK THE AZZ of the grazing monster??  Like today.... I'm cleaning carpets, dusting, cleaning baseboards, etc  (got a cleaning bug this morning), so I've been extremely busy... but yet, I find stuff in my hands grazing.  Cucumbers, ww pretzel bites, cheese... pork rinds... beef jerky.  I know WHAT I'm grazing on, isn't bad for me (ok, maybe the pretzel bites) but it bothers me that I'm snacking all the freaking time!

I've been going through a difficult time in my 11 year relationship, and was about to take a keyboard the the head of a co-worker, so I was on Prozac, but I was at the top of the dosage, and doc changed me to 150mg Effexor; .05 mg Xanex; and 50MG of Seroquel.  All of which, KNOCKS ME RIGHT OUT, so I only take them 1 time, at night.  Oh, and sometimes only a 1/2 of a xanex.

I've always "grazed" but not to this extent.  I've gained 8 lbs since 10/20, so I'm for sure getting off of THIS roller coaster when I get to the doc on the 15th.

Wellabutrin did nothing for me...even after upping the dosage and for 2 mths, almost 3.  

I'm not really depressed... mine is more anger.  I fly off the handle ready to choke someone if they are clicking their pen over and over....tapping their foot...etc.  (I know I'm a head case...but I'm in a total open floor plan office, and people just don't know how to use their inside voice, and that it's rude to talk on a speaker phone when other people are on their phones!!  See???!!!! ANGER!!!)

Anyway.... took dog to vet, and they are insisting that she get more exercise, so I guess I'm gonna have to get my big butt out and walk her.  I'm doing it for her.... yea....that's it.... HER HEALTH!  (See??!!! HEAD CASE!)

Anyway.... vets...how do you keep from grazing???!!!

*****Edited for spelling

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 3:16 am
I graze constantly most days. I just make sure that whatever I am eating is low carb. Jerky and nuts are 2 of my favorites.  I also have hard-boiled eggs, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad..etc.

I had to work to get 10 pounds back on and if I am not careful, I lose it, fast.  

I guess I am no help! :(

Michele
mellysarah03
on 11/13/11 3:43 am, edited 11/13/11 3:45 am - Fort Myers, FL
 I graze constantly. As long as its good grazing (protein) and your not stuffing (streaching your stomach) its ok. Have you changed anything else in your eating habits that you could tie to the gain? I bounce +\- 5lbs during the month. Im not as carefull about what I graze on and my weight is stable at 3 years out.... Nom, Nom, Nom :::eating pork rinds, right now::: 

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

butercup
on 11/13/11 6:22 am - Kennewick, WA
Grazing isn't bad, it's what you graze on.
NoMore B.
on 11/13/11 10:27 am
 With the DS it's not so much "how much" or "how often" you eat, but much more about "what" you eat.

Grazing is ok.  I eat multiple times per day.  I still have a ton of restriction and there's no way I'd get in enough food if I stuck to just three meals a day.

Some good snack choices are:

String cheese
Rolled up cold cuts, like ham and cheese, or turkey and cheese.  I dip mine in mayo or mustard
Nuts
Greek yogurt
Deviled eggs
Cheese crisps or Pepperoni crisps (just put piles in the microwave and nuke them a bit)

nursevil
on 11/13/11 6:19 pm - Tuttle, OK
Hello, King of the grazers here.

I used to think grazing was bad but I realized as long as it was high protein, it was OK.  I love to graze on beef jerky, peanuts, and chicken that I braze in butter(yumie).  Embrace your inner grazer, just make sure that it is good for you.
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Robert A. Heinlein
HW:453, BMI 63, SW:452, BMI 63 GW:200, BMI 27.9

dtabor5
on 11/13/11 8:29 pm
Okay I thought i could say something great.. but i realized I do the same thing... it is pork rinds, nuts, cheese, yogurts, boiled eggs... guess i am no help either, BUT... I might be able to help with the anger... My sister died 5 years ago and then less than a month later my mom had a heart attack then I started college at the age of 38 less than a month after that... the doctor said i was angry, and on edge.. ( can't imagine why, can you?) I take Effexor, and it keeps me from wrapping my fingers around peoples necks and squeezing until the pop their little heads off!!

I am like you i could be fine one minute and BOOM, I am trying to pick my teeth with your bones!!

ask Doc if that would help you and you have to play with dosage.. I am on 150mg/day.. what can i say i have a bad attitude without it and my hubby and kids call it the anti-***** pill...

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

Elizabeth N.
on 11/13/11 10:18 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Turn it around to work FOR you by grazing on protein.