Not you are not in a stall. No your DS is not broken......Shut up.

kirmy
on 11/12/11 6:55 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Look just stop it! Seriously you're neurosis, though amusing is starting to get up my arse like a proctologists finger. 

So you're one month/day/week/hour/second out of surgery and you've been weighing yourself ever 2 hours and you've not lost any weight in the last 12hrs?  No your DS is not broken.  Despite yourself you cannot overwhelm the new configuration of your intestines and gain weight (well you can if you try VERY VERY VERY hard and have a good blender attachment and don't sleep ever).

Lets go back to basics.  You body transports fluids about the place in various spaces.  You have some faabulous organs that work as a fluid in fluid out coveyer belt system.  Then us nurses and doctors come along and **** on your gate.  That's right we cut you open and send your body into shock.  To make matters worse we force your body to lose volume via your open wounds, suctioning of blood etc during your op. We then add insult to injury and flood you with IV fluids. So these spaces that handle fluids are going..."what the **** are you playing at"?  They try to pull fluids across the barriers in our body to make up for the sudden loss of volume due to surgery but then we've just dumped in IV fluids so where does all this fluid go?  To the wrong space.  Yup....and it sits there and just sits there and just sits there.

I guesstimate it takes about 5 days post op to shift the fluids hanging about your body. Point of fact Kingy gained 12.7kgs post op.  She is now 13 days post op and has lost 15kgs (fluid weight plus actual weight loss).  It is a slow and gradual process slowed by the continual swelling around suture sites internally.  This takes about two to three months to settle but is different for everyone.

So you see how silly it is to be target driven in the first three months as to weight loss? You are a sponge and an angry swollen wound during this period.  Just heal.  That is all.  The DS is stronger then you and you will lose weight no matter how you doubt it. Just let it do its thing and chill out.

Now after 12 months you can ***** about a stall...no worries....but before then.......hissssss!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
MajorMom
on 11/12/11 7:13 pm - VA
Again, the need for public service "sticky" posts at the top of the boards....but NOOoooo...OH needs all the stickies for advertisements and other nonsense.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

determineddanni
on 11/12/11 11:25 pm
*LIKE*

(we need a button for like)
butercup
on 11/13/11 1:04 am - Kennewick, WA
What if it's been 13 hours?
kirmy
on 11/13/11 1:24 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
You're dooooooooomed doomed I tells ya!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
butercup
on 11/13/11 6:24 am - Kennewick, WA
momx4
on 11/13/11 1:22 am - TX
Kirmy,

You rock, as usual!!
Kristi                
scoob
on 11/13/11 1:36 am - Somerset, KY
Kirmy, I'm 14 months and have ONLY lost 133lbs. I still have 50 to go. Why wasn't I at goal at 9 months out?? Sooooo not fair. Oh and my weight went up 3 lbs this last week, the horror!!

BTW, Since about 5 months post op I lose about 5 or 6 pounds in a matter of days. Jump back up. Then lose it slowly back off in a month. Then drop again, then up, then down slowly. WTF???!!!!!

Whilst I'm a *****in, I'm never gonna get into Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this what you're talking about. Remember, I'm over 12 months!!

I so remember those days of dropping 44 lbs then notta, but I was a member of a wonderful forum called Obesityhelp.com. All those wonderful DSers on there. I read posts EVERY day for 1 and 1/2 years. I kinda expected my body to say, What the FUCK!! Who wouldn't expect that??!!

I think it's almost my TOM, I'm a ***** today!!

BTW, I wanna be in ONEderland, damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Heres2anewme
on 11/13/11 1:53 am - TX
But, but, but....I've only lost 2.6lbs in the past week. SURELY, I need to be looking into the warranty this thing came with???

Oh yeah....photo ***** moment!!!

Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 1:56 am
OMG!!  How beautiful you are!