Help or Information needed on a stall......

pktwatch
on 11/12/11 6:30 am
On November 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
My friend,
YOU.
ARE.
NOT.
STALLED.

We have been through this subject already. There will be times when you drop NOTHING AT ALL and sometimes the scale will go UP. You are LOSING WEIGHT RAPIDLY and you are doing just FINE.

Now stop worrying about it. Keep living your life and eating what you are supposed to eat.

And throw away the damned scale if it's going to rule your life like this.

OF COURSE YOU CAN EAT MORE NOW. You are SUPPOSED to eat more now. EAT ferpetesake and ENJOY IT. You're doing just fine eating primarily protein. Chill out. You are healing and moving forward and this is very lovely. You. are. JUST. FINE.
I don't think that the scale is ruling my life I just need a good slap once in a while and a reminder that I am on track!

Thanks

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 6:39 am - Burlington County, NJ
Well, please put this on multiple signs and tape them up so you can see them several times a day. It's one of those things that tires the vets out a whole bunch to hear this over and over from the same people.

Put this on your sign: You are DOING FINE. Now eat your protein, move around, take your supplements, drink your water. All is well.

Kristen R.
on 11/12/11 12:58 am
Hey there.  We had surgery on the same date and the very same thing is happening to me.  I lost the first 30 pretty much in the first month, and have lost 5 more since then.  It's a head game, for me, reminding myself that my system is still in a major adjustment phase, trying like crazy to avoid the scale, and still just focusing on getting protein, fluids and vitamins.  For me, I've discovered that eating or drinking less (protein) doesn't make any difference... not that I've done that on purpose!  I totally understand the frustration, though... I really have to talk myself out of feeling disappointed.  I really have to work to not compare myself to others, who have lost more in less time, etc.  What helps the most for me is thinking how I can already feel a few differences, how I can put on a pair of shorts from 2 months ago and feel how ridiculously loose they are, how I know beyond any doubt that I'd still be 35 pounds heavier (or more) if I hadn't decided to go through with the surgery, etc.  I still feel like I'll be that one person that doesn't lose any more weight... but again, it's all a head game.  I just wanted to let you know, that I get it!  But maybe say to try and not overthink it, and just enjoy the ride.  :)
Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 1:06 am - Burlington County, NJ
You're doing fabulous. So glad you have some clothes you're using to compare for progress. I HIGHLY recommend keeping a set of your biggest clothes and using them for comparison purposes.

If you can't see the differences on your body, once you've dropped some sizes and gotten smaller clothes, do this: Lay out the big clothes, spread them allllll the way out, and then put your new sized clothes on top. This is a huge help to get your brain to start saving images of the new you on its hard drive. (I'm so glad I stayed awake and paid attention in my cognitive psych class, which is where I learned why that little trick works *g*.)

* Gail R *
on 11/12/11 6:02 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Keep in mind that the protein on Pork rinds does not count. It is not absorbed as it is collagen, from what I understand. They are a good crunchy "free" snack though.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

zuzupetals2u2
on 11/12/11 6:42 am - Sedona, AZ
stalls have been the norm for me - usually about every 3 weeks I would drop a little bit- when I came here whining about it someone told me to increase my protein and I did. That has always worked to break the stall for me.

I worried, like we all do in the beginning, if I was going to be that ONE person that the DS wasn't going to work for and that my weight loss has now stopped and this is it for me. I soon learned that I could trust my DS and to just be patient and stay off the scale too. I do check it every few weeks now. I do trust my DS more than I do myself. 

I also notice my weight loss is better when I behave and dont eat sweets. I didnt have a taste for them the first 6 months but it came back. I do struggle with that now. I actually gained a bit from sweets and only have half of that off so this past month has not been my best showing. But I know what to do about it. My DS works if I do!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Heres2anewme
on 11/12/11 8:26 am - TX
You are doing great! There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I'm dropping 3-5 lbs in a week, sometimes I drop nothing for up to 3 weeks. I just do what I'm supposed to and the number keep adding up. The pounds don't drop when I want them to but they are still dropping!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!