Help or Information needed on a stall......

pktwatch
on 11/11/11 10:15 pm
I am 7 weeks out of surgery and have lost 40 pounds, very happy about that. However almost all of it came within the first 4 weeks, in the last 3 weeks I have lost a total of 3 pounds! I was drinking a lot of protein drinks made with soy milk and was advised that it may be to much soy so last week I switched to Almond milk and this week I cut WAY back on the protein drinks, I think I had 2 or 3 all week. I only weigh in on Saturdays and got on the scale  this morning expecting a good drop in weight. Nope, I lost 1 pound!

I know everyone says that a stall is normal and part of it but how long do they usually last? I have NOT been eating carbs or doing anything different. If I snack I try to keep it minimal and eat nuts, a little popcorn or for the last couple of days I discovered BBQ pork rinds. Sometimes it is string cheese or CarbSmart Yogurt. I do seem to be able to eat more than I did when I was loosing a lot but I am eating good foods for us...........

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

prettypixels
on 11/11/11 10:38 pm
I don't think you are in a stall... I think you lost 40 lbs in a very very SHORT amount of time and your body needs to catch up! You are doing great!
pktwatch
on 11/11/11 10:43 pm
In my head I know that you are correct, it is just hard to think that I have only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks! I KNOW that this is going to work I just tend to get impatient.......

HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

newyorkbitch
on 11/11/11 10:49 pm
Are you getting enough protein in?  What are you eating?  Why are you keeping snacking to a minimum?  Best thing you can do is eat every 3-4 hours,  make sure you are getting plenty of protein,  fluids,  and limit your carbs a lot.

Why can't you use regular milk for your shakes - are you lactose intolerant?

Why on earth are you only having 2 or 3 protein drinks in one week?  Where are you getting your protein from?

Are you eating eggs, cottage cheese,  tuna fish, meatloaf....?

pktwatch
on 11/11/11 11:25 pm
I try to make sure that everything that I eat is a good protein source. yes to the eggs, cottage cheese and meat and cheese. I put extra butter on everything..... I do seem to be lactose intolerant as far as milk goes, I can eat the cottage cheese and cheese with no ill effects.

Now that I have gone a week with very few protein drinks and it made no difference in my weight loss I plan on adding them back in.

HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

newyorkbitch
on 11/11/11 11:45 pm
Have you tried buying Lactaid brand milk?

Do not reduce your protein!  Reduce your carbs.  And drink lots of water.

jodic1966
on 11/11/11 11:05 pm
Your surgery was the day after mine and it seems we are treading a very similar path. my weight loss has slowed down too but I still have lost about 45 pounds since surgery. This week I have lost maybe two pounds which isn't shabby but it was so gratifying to see it pouring off in the early days that I think I got spoiled! My best friend had RNY about ten years ago and she told me last night that she would go a week or ten days without losing anything and then lose five to seven pounds overnight. I think we have to remember this is a marathon, not a sprint . Hope you are doing well otherwise!

HW 406 SW 376 CW 211 Surgeon's GW 170ish My GW 150ish

Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 12:11 am - Burlington County, NJ
My friend,
YOU.
ARE.
NOT.
STALLED.

We have been through this subject already. There will be times when you drop NOTHING AT ALL and sometimes the scale will go UP. You are LOSING WEIGHT RAPIDLY and you are doing just FINE.

Now stop worrying about it. Keep living your life and eating what you are supposed to eat.

And throw away the damned scale if it's going to rule your life like this.

OF COURSE YOU CAN EAT MORE NOW. You are SUPPOSED to eat more now. EAT ferpetesake and ENJOY IT. You're doing just fine eating primarily protein. Chill out. You are healing and moving forward and this is very lovely. You. are. JUST. FINE.

Valerie G.
on 11/12/11 3:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
LOL, I DO love you

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 5:33 am - Burlington County, NJ