Can I have an angel?

Its a Secret
on 11/13/11 2:57 am, edited 2/10/12 12:22 am
Comment removed because OH violated users privacy by posting pics and posts to FB without the users prior knowledge.

jmckel1
on 11/12/11 11:06 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Me, too, please! Surgery is December 20 (Dr. Gagner). Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 1:09 am
All of you that need to have an angel need to post the request separately, please. Unless you have been contacted already via PM.

I cannot be one right now but someone will offer, I think.

Sometimes people just read the title and sometimes not all of the replies.

The board is really slow on the weekends so give it a little time and bump up your request if needed.

HTH,
Michele
NoMore B.
on 11/13/11 1:14 am
 I agree with what Michele said.  

Heather, how luck you are to have Tracy!  You're in good angel hands.  

To the others seeking an angel:

The angel relationship can be a very meaningul part of your DS.  I have always thought that it's better to find someone you connect with, and ask them personally through a private message.  Most vets would be thrilled to be asked and will do it if we have the time.  

Best to find someone you connect with and ask them personally  It can be someone who shares your same surgeon, lives near you, or someone you just happen to like and feel a connection with.  

Good luck!!

scoob
on 11/13/11 2:00 am - Somerset, KY
I agree with Joanne. I was on OH for a short while and made a strong connection with my angel. We were going to have the same surgeon. She was traveling here to have her DS. I met her for the first time while she was in the hospital, 1 day post op. That was almost 3 years ago and she is one of my best friends. We ended up having different surgeons but we are closer then ever. I tell her everything. We live in different states. We have only met in person 4 times. We are planning a meet up at the half way marks soon and already have a steak house and good will scoped out for our outting.

An angel can be one of the best things to happen to you. Pick someone you feel a connection with and ask them. Don't be shy! Good luck to all of you!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

provolisa
on 11/13/11 3:41 am - Provo, UT
I'm glad you guys explained it. It seemed like a mysterious thing, and I was afraid to ask. Feeling un-worthy again (I've got to stop that!)

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

scoob
on 11/13/11 5:03 am - Somerset, KY
Yes, you do have to stop that! Do you need a swift kick in the arse???

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

NoMore B.
on 11/13/11 7:59 am
Please dont feel that way.  Dont be afraid to ask anything.  All of us were new at some point.

And there's no way I would have gotten through things as easily as I did without all the support here.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 7:54 am, edited 1/28/12 7:59 pm

This comment removed for privacy protection from OH.

MajorMom
on 11/13/11 8:07 am - VA
You and I have talked a few times. I'll volunteer to be your angel.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny