RNY to DS Revision DR. Greenbaum

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 11:21 pm
Understandable you are angry and frustrated.  But luckily for you, it's not too late.  Move on to Cali and get it done right.

Best of luck.  Don't settle.  Ever.
Cheryl J.
on 6/4/12 11:47 pm
Im one of Dr. G's patients. I had RNY in 2001, then the Wack Band in 2007...Distal RNY with Dr. G in Aug 2011. My starting weight w/ Dr. G was 217lbs., and now I'm down to 145lbs. Im doing great health wise. This is the smallest I had ever been since having WLS. He didnt want to do the full DS because of the risks of leakage. I was fine with his assessment because I did not want any complications. So my intestines are like a DS, but I still have my pouch. I dont have much restriction, and plus he left the band in me just in case I need some sort of restriction. The only thing I think I want my band out because I have gotten so thin that it looks unattractive sticking out of me.
MsVRJ
on 6/5/12 1:01 am
Cheryl,
I am really happy for you. I did my research and Dr Greenbaum has a great reputation and there are a ton of satisfied Greenbaum post-op patients.  My major complaint with Dr. Greenbaum was I felt he strung me along.  If he initially explained why he could not do the RNY revision to DS I would have been disappointed but  I would have understood. 

I recently had my RNY to DS surgery with a fantastic surgeon, Dr Keshishian in California.  I do not know how successful I will be since I am still recovering from the surgery . I just feel that the revision to DS gave me the best chance at at sustained weight loss.  I can only hope to achieve the success you have attained.  

Losing weight is emotional as well as physical and the way the situation was handled  made me distrust Dr. Greenbaum.  Ultimately I think things work out they way they are supposed to.  Thank you so much for responding to my post

Vee
jerzey59
on 3/14/13 9:46 pm - Covington, GA

Did you find another vetted surgeon to perform the DS? I am starting the process to get a RNY to DS revision and, I have contacted Dr. G office. I don't want the same experience to happen to me. 

Curious~